Page 203 of 295 FirstFirst ... 103153193201202203204205213253 ... LastLast
Results 2,021 to 2,030 of 2948

Thread: 2014 Recruiting prospects

Default Re: 2014 Recruiting prospects

Quote Originally Posted by herdmember View Post
    A couple questions:
    1) Any word on if Nissen liked his visit?
    2) Who does it benefit for it to be public knowledge about who is getting a full/partial from which schools? I'm assuming kids aren't announcing this, why would we want this word out?
    I think Nissen really liked his visit. I will try to answer both of your questions, because they tie together. He was a partial at UNI. He is close to UNI. Full ride from ISU. So in order to get a kid to leave his home area and come to Fargo, with offers like that, you have to play the game. It makes sense. he liked his visit. UNI offered a full when they heard we had him on campus. I am with Kermit, it just affects these kids decisions. I absolutely love it when a kid is willing to earn it and play for Championships. Those kids deserve alot of respect. It isn't an easy decision, especially this close to signing day. Alot of pressure on them to make a great decision for their future. We are doing an amazing job filling out this class. Just a couple spots left. Gabe, who you want? (that was a joke).
    Everyone just relax, all right? Believe me, if there's one thing Ron Burgundy knows, it's women.

BisonNeil is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Burgundy View Post
    I think Nissen really liked his visit. I will try to answer both of your questions, because they tie together. He was a partial at UNI. He is close to UNI. Full ride from ISU. So in order to get a kid to leave his home area and come to Fargo, with offers like that, you have to play the game. It makes sense. he liked his visit. UNI offered a full when they heard we had him on campus. I am with Kermit, it just affects these kids decisions. I absolutely love it when a kid is willing to earn it and play for Championships. Those kids deserve alot of respect. It isn't an easy decision, especially this close to signing day. Alot of pressure on them to make a great decision for their future. We are doing an amazing job filling out this class. Just a couple spots left. Gabe, who you want? (that was a joke).
    Well, I know you didn't ask me, and don't give a damn what I want, but I think a DB, most likely a safety would be good, also another LB. I know the Bison had 5 LBs last year, but only 2 DBs, so as far as I am concerned another DB is the priority, but only one LB in this class makes it a bit thin I think.

Jay is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by BisonNeil View Post
    Well, I know you didn't ask me, and don't give a damn what I want, but I think a DB, most likely a safety would be good, also another LB. I know the Bison had 5 LBs last year, but only 2 DBs, so as far as I am concerned another DB is the priority, but only one LB in this class makes it a bit thin I think.
    I agree. Kocour or Snyder is the top of my wishlist. I don't have a good feeling about either. I'm guessing we'll see some surprises come signing day too like last year.

Its not just between the kids and family, it part of the recruiting process. A process they entered into!

Value....Ones value is what one value is. One school might value one more or less depending on their program's need and assessment of the player...that is simply life and the reality of game in which they player has chosen.

I mean geeshhh when does the coddling stop for some of you......wussafication of america for sure. For $uck sake these are 17 and 18 young men. Stop treating them like little kids.

Quote Originally Posted by KyleK View Post
    I personally would like us not to talk about whether or not it's a full/partial. That should be between the kids and their family. Wouldn't want one to feel less "valued" than another, and they are kids, so I'm sure that could happen.

The only thing that matters to me, they picked NDSU!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Burgundy View Post
    Thanks Burgundy, and I'm not disagreeing with you I'm just continuing the discussion. It's definitely fun information to know as a fan, but not sure the reward out weighs the risk. I'm just not sure how these offers work, or how public knowledge the level of offer is from each school unless the kid were to announce it. For example, if I'm SDSU, USD or any other school, it would be great information to know what level of offer NDSU has laid out on a guy I'm interested in.

If a school that we think of as lesser offers a full to our guy that we partialed and they get him, sure it is nice for us as fans to argue 'yeah, but you offered a full.' Just not sure it benefits the program for a fan to say 'hey, we offered player X a partial, and another school offered him a full, and he verbaled to us!' I like the play it tight to the vest approach.

Excellent that Nissen liked the visit, he looks like a stud.

Quote Originally Posted by gobisontd View Post
    I agree. Kocour or Snyder is the top of my wishlist. I don't have a good feeling about either. I'm guessing we'll see some surprises come signing day too like last year.
    I must have missed it but who is the Snyder kid?

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by MAKBison View Post
    Its not just between the kids and family, it part of the recruiting process. A process they entered into!

Value....Ones value is what one value is. One school might value one more or less depending on their program's need and assessment of the player...that is simply life and the reality of game in which they player has chosen.

I mean geeshhh when does the coddling stop for some of you......wussafication of america for sure. For $uck sake these are 17 and 18 young men. Stop treating them like little kids.

Well, please let us know how you really feel!! For god sake, it's opinion, just like the above is yours. I didn't ask for you to argee with it, I love all the recruiting info as much as anyone, just don't see what the full/partial adds to it. Lets not go down the "wussafication" road, I'm FAR from treating everyone with kid gloves!

Thanks for your great insight though

BisonNeil is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by herdmember View Post
    Thanks Burgundy, and I'm not disagreeing with you I'm just continuing the discussion. It's definitely fun information to know as a fan, but not sure the reward out weighs the risk. I'm just not sure how these offers work, or how public knowledge the level of offer is from each school unless the kid were to announce it. For example, if I'm SDSU, USD or any other school, it would be great information to know what level of offer NDSU has laid out on a guy I'm interested in.

If a school that we think of as lesser offers a full to our guy that we partialed and they get him, sure it is nice for us as fans to argue 'yeah, but you offered a full.' Just not sure it benefits the program for a fan to say 'hey, we offered player X a partial, and another school offered him a full, and he verbaled to us!' I like the play it tight to the vest approach.

Excellent that Nissen liked the visit, he looks like a stud.
    You're assuming that the recruit doesn't already do this, that is letting coaches know what their offers are, partial or full. I am quite certain they are playing both ends against the middle and likely trying to get the very best deal they can.

Besides, I highly doubt coaches from opposing teams are hanging around on BV just to see if they should improve their offer to a kid. Seriously, like this is an important source of recruiting informatin for them? This seems like a nomination for the preposterous statement (or thought) of the year, but, it is early in 2014

Quote Originally Posted by gabe View Post
    I must have missed it but who is the Snyder kid?
    Brandon Snyder Safety Inwood. IA (West Lyon).... plans to take an official to NDSU on Jan. 31.
    http://www.hudl.com/athlete/1267931/brandon-snyder

Quote Originally Posted by Trainer View Post
    Brandon Snyder Safety Inwood. IA (West Lyon).... plans to take an official to NDSU on Jan. 31.
    http://www.hudl.com/athlete/1267931/brandon-snyder
    I think he was offered a full by someone else recently and John hinted we coult take him off the list unless I'm mixing him up with someone else.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com