Page 287 of 295 FirstFirst ... 187237277285286287288289 ... LastLast
Results 2,861 to 2,870 of 2948

Thread: 2014 Recruiting prospects

Default Re: 2014 Recruiting prospects

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Burgundy View Post
    Gopher staff said he wasn't good enough to play for us as they were trying to find a place for the kid. They were oversigned. Basically cutting kids they missed on. It is a position we are actively looking at adding if there was a transfer, so we initially were very interested in listening until the coaches advised otherwise.
    so are there any DT's they are looking at?

Anyone have the FBS transfer list handy?

It sounds like they would look at another lineman if it was a great fit, the kid could make us better and could play right away. We aren't weak. Not willing to reach on anyone.
    Everyone just relax, all right? Believe me, if there's one thing Ron Burgundy knows, it's women.

It sounds like they would look at another lineman if it was a great fit, the kid could make us better and could play right away. We aren't weak. Not willing to reach on anyone.
    That makes sense. Just happy to hear they are at least considering all options. I am not a big FBS transfer type of guy, but when you have a need and the player fits the system, I want them to at least investigate. I didnt think the Minnesota kid was NDSU quality. heard he looked like the 100th best player in spring ball and that is not good when they only have 85 scholarships

Gopher staff said he wasn't good enough to play for us as they were trying to find a place for the kid. They were oversigned. Basically cutting kids they missed on. It is a position we are actively looking at adding if there was a transfer, so we initially were very interested in listening until the coaches advised otherwise.
    Between this quote and the Ezra quote - Tony always says "standards of ethics are universal". At least that is what I was told.

FYI, UND has a MN coach on their staff and the UND D-staff works with Kill's in the off-season. I guarantee 100% that they know more about the kid than NDSU's staff.

RedRiver is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by SiouxFan View Post
    Between this quote and the Ezra quote - Tony always says "standards of ethics are universal". At least that is what I was told.

FYI, UND has a MN coach on their staff and the UND D-staff works with Kill's in the off-season. I guarantee 100% that they know more about the kid than NDSU's staff.
    You shouldn't "guarantee" anything. Also, just because there is a MN coach on the UND staff doesn't mean anything, as I assume he is an ex-UM coach.

Listen to what was said - He's not good enough to PLAY for the BISON, nothing was said about playing for und. Hell as short as you guys are on bodies you'd take a fat cheerleader if she could tackle.
    Best DI Football Team in the Tri-State Area - AGAIN

Really?!?! Boy, between recruiting, signing up players after signing day, getting to know the players, etc., your new staff must have a lot of time on there hands during this, their first "off-season" as UN_ coaches.
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post
    Really?!?! Boy, between recruiting, signing up players after signing day, getting to know the players, etc., your new staff must have a lot of time on there hands during this, their first "off-season" as UN_ coaches.
    Where did several members of new UND staff come from? Where did Jerry Kill coach prior to NIU/UM? It is possible for members of Staff A to have a very recent history with Staff B and continue to know them as jobs change.

Where did several members of new UND staff come from? Where did Jerry Kill coach prior to NIU/UM? It is possible for members of Staff A to have a very recent history with Staff B and continue to know them as jobs change.
    Of course it is possible the would continue "to know them as jobs change".

It's also possible, well, actually, it's fact, that you are now trying to spin what you first posted, to wit:

FYI, UND has a MN coach on their staff and the UND D-staff works with Kill's in the off-season.
    Do they know them?!??! Or have they worked together in this offseason??!?!

Classic UN_ spin and "logic"!!
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

I understand UND hired a GA from the Gophers, this has nothing to do with UND. My comment (which is always accurate, as was the Ezra comment) states that the Bison coaches are on the look out for a DT that could "drop down" as ss.com would call it an be able to play immediately. When this kid came available, our staff dug in, and they were told by several members that the kid wasn't good enough to play for NDSU's defense. Is there a problem with that? Hopefully he will star for UND. UND's defense is at an all time low and this kid (who we were told has a high motor and is a good kid with good grades) should immediately improve their pathetic defense. My comments were toward NDSU and not where the kid ended up. Best of luck to the kid, an upgrade for the North Dakota team. Our staff has a very strong relationship with Jerry's staff and listened to their advice. I get a kick out of you mentioned Ezra by the way, you didn't end up signing him. He was flat out intimidated by our strenght and conditioning demands, he tells the staff that, the relationship changed on our end and eventually he saw the other staffs showing him more love. He ended up at UNI....and best of luck to him. Probably a great kid who had to make a decision for himself. Congrats on getting a DT who should make your team better. Now back to Bison athletics.
    Everyone just relax, all right? Believe me, if there's one thing Ron Burgundy knows, it's women.