Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MVFC Schedule

DIBISON is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default MVFC Schedule

Is it time for the MVFC to schedule a full slate of 9 games? The last two years the Bison and WIU did not play.

This would certainly help with the nonconference scheduling issues.

Each team would only have 2 ooc games and they could do all FBS, split between FBS and FCS, or go DII.

There would be 4 or 5 home MVFC games every other year. For the Bison there could be 5, 6 or 7 home games depending on their noconference schedule.

DePereBisonFan is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: MVFC Schedule

Quote Originally Posted by DIBISON View Post
    Is it time for the MVFC to schedule a full slate of 9 games? The last two years the Bison and WIU did not play.

This would certainly help with the nonconference scheduling issues.

Each team would only have 2 ooc games and they could do all FBS, split between FBS and FCS, or go DII.

There would be 4 or 5 home MVFC games every other year. For the Bison there could be 5, 6 or 7 home games depending on their noconference schedule.
    Um, no. I may sound like I'm from Wisconsin or something, but the MVFC should ban scheduling DII teams. Indiana State has possibly missed the playoffs twice now because of this.

Herd is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by DePereBisonFan View Post
    Um, no. I may sound like I'm from Wisconsin or something, but the MVFC should ban scheduling DII teams. Indiana State has possibly missed the playoffs twice now because of this.
    DII should be allowed, but be counted based on the strength of the DII team. Lots of DII's that are better than the bottom 1/3 of FCS, and those games should be allowed to count toward playoff eligibility. Unfortunately, in our area, the schedules are loaded for DII's with the overflowing NSIC. So it guess it doesn't really matter.

Quote Originally Posted by DIBISON View Post
    Is it time for the MVFC to schedule a full slate of 9 games?
    Please understand the only reason _DSU are in the MVFC is because a deal was negotiated prompted by Southern IL and InSt demand they didn't travel to the Dakota's more than once per year.

Quote Originally Posted by MN_Moose View Post
    Please understand the only reason _DSU are in the MVFC is because a deal was negotiated prompted by Southern IL and InSt demand they didn't travel to the Dakota's more than once per year.
    That happened when USD joined the MVFC.

533 In a row

stevdock is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Is this still the case now that USD has joined?? If so the only way they would play all 3 in a season would be if they hosted 2 of them. Plus I was under the impression that the team that we would not play each year would rotate evenly.

Ill bet they don't care now that we proved ourselves, its no more difficult to get to Fargo than Cedar Falls.

Bitching about travel now days is moot point
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant

marenlee is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Herd View Post
    DII should be allowed, but be counted based on the strength of the DII team. Lots of DII's that are better than the bottom 1/3 of FCS, and those games should be allowed to count toward playoff eligibility. Unfortunately, in our area, the schedules are loaded for DII's with the overflowing NSIC. So it guess it doesn't really matter.
    I don't see how you could make that work. A perennially strong d2 team? How well they did the season before? Forgive my ignorance of d2, but how do you determine what is a strong d2 team?

Quote Originally Posted by marenlee View Post
    I don't see how you could make that work. A perennially strong d2 team? How well they did the season before? Forgive my ignorance of d2, but how do you determine what is a strong d2 team?
    The same way you determine a strong FCS team? FBS team? BCS team?
    check neg rep

Warning: It is the offseason. Trollolol may or may not be in full swing. Take a deep breath and eat a trolli burger before reading my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
    I'm tired of seeing the old Belushi clip from Animal House..."over? it's not over..." in the waning seconds of another loss to NDSU.

Quote Originally Posted by marenlee View Post
    A D2 school that is ranked and has 32 more scholarships than a non scholly FCS is better competition. Ask non scholarship D1 Valpo about their 52-0 loss in Fargo vs a 1st year transitioning D2 Bison team or Montana vs a D2 NDSU in 2003. There are some programs that are just way better and it's obvious.

Until the playoff committee recognizes that, there is no point in playing a D2 team.