Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Hinterstocker hired at UMN

Default Re: Hinterstocker hired at UMN

I think you could make the argument that there was a huge double standard set by Lynn Dorn that ultimately led to Erick's dismissal. He is hands down my favorite coach I've ever got to interview/observe from NDSU. I think it's just a matter of time until he's a head coach again and wish him nothing but the best.

Quote Originally Posted by aces1180 View Post
    I still think it was a mistake to force his dismissal...
    I agree 100%.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
    When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time. -Max McGee

“I really thought you had to run the football to control the game,” Erhardt once said. “You had to throw the football to score but had to run the football to win.” - Ron Erhardt

Great article on Hinterstocker today.

On a flip note, I am hearing that NDSU volleyball will not be having any spring season, as their are only a couple players that are currently on the team.

Congratulations Lynn Dorn for ruining the women's basketball program, and now the volleyball program (potentially).

Interesting post!
    I looked at last years roster and there should be 7 players.

Quote Originally Posted by Elephants Dream? View Post
    Interesting post!
    I looked at last years roster and there should be 7 players.
    Not sure if its true - heard that a setter and middle left and i think there are some injuries.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by silkamilkamonico View Post
    Great article on Hinterstocker today.

On a flip note, I am hearing that NDSU volleyball will not be having any spring season, as their are only a couple players that are currently on the team.

Congratulations Lynn Dorn for ruining the women's basketball program, and now the volleyball program (potentially).
    Imho. Lynn Dorn has got to go.

When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time. -Max McGee

“I really thought you had to run the football to control the game,” Erhardt once said. “You had to throw the football to score but had to run the football to win.” - Ron Erhardt

Quote Originally Posted by imabison View Post
    Without people on this board know exactly what the circumstances we cannot say it whether it was a mistake or not.
    Now if you your job is in HR from another company you might have a better undestanding of it.

I am happy that he was able to get another job in the field, and I am sure that the Gophers did a full
    search and were happy with the explanations.

Of course they can use the public information but all NDSU could tell them if contacted was he worked here
    from date xxx to date yyy.

It is against the law for the past employer to say he did this or that and was let go
    Is that a law or just a CYA in case you get sued over a bad recommendation? The reason I ask is---then what is the purpose of HR when doing a back ground check if you cant find out that the employee didnt perform his duties? I know at the bar when a prospective employer calls on a former employee we will give good recommendations based on such. Bad employees get the ---she worked from this date to that date and thats all I am allowed to tell you. Thats usually the unspoken rule---red flag of a bad employee.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    Is that a law or just a CYA in case you get sued over a bad recommendation? The reason I ask is---then what is the purpose of HR when doing a back ground check if you cant find out that the employee didnt perform his duties? I know at the bar when a prospective employer calls on a former employee we will give good recommendations based on such. Bad employees get the ---she worked from this date to that date and thats all I am allowed to tell you. Thats usually the unspoken rule---red flag of a bad employee.
    Larger organizations have separation docs that the leaving employee selects if only dates of employment can be shared.

As the former employer, you have nothing to gain by sharing anything more. It's probably more dangerous building up the good former employee who just might not be who you thought they were. You could find a lot of bad things AFTER they leave. Too late then to take the recommendation back.

Quote Originally Posted by westnodak93bison View Post
    Imho. Lynn Dorn has got to go.

Why do we have 2 ADs anyways? Just asking

Edit: I'm seriously wondering. Most places don't.
    Last edited by onbison09; 02-10-2013 at 02:48 AM.

BRING BACK SNORTY

For what its worth---One of the Player's (a stand out player) Boy friend did some work for me. He told me that the Coach lost the team. Apparently the girls did not like him at all...he said the Coach made the game unbearable and not fun.
    Last edited by MAKBison; 02-10-2013 at 03:50 PM.