Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Hinterstocker hired at UMN

Default Hinterstocker hired at UMN

From the Forum:

MINNEAPOLIS – The University of Minnesota hired former North Dakota State head coach Erich Hinterstocker to be an assistant coach for the Gophers volleyball team, the school announced on its athletic website.

Hinterstocker, who coached five seasons and posted a 95-38 record at NDSU, will begin his coaching duties with the Gophers immediately.

Hinterstocker resigned as NDSU head coach in October 2010. After his resignation, The Forum obtained records that showed Hinterstocker had been warned prior to leaving his post that his job may be in jeopardy due to inappropriate behavior.

Athletic director Lynn Dorn wrote in a letter dated July 16, 2009, that Hinterstocker was “over aggressively grabbing an athlete by the uniform/warm up.”

Hinterstocker was also warned in 2008 with inappropriate language.

Default Re: Hinterstocker hired at UMN

Basically, he was a coach and because of the players were girls, he got in trouble.

I hope UMN does well.
    Stu Whitney@stuwhitney4mSurprised Harvard missed out. MT @AllHailTank: Well I guess I got watt I wonted I will take my talents and higher my education at UND.
    LAKESBISON 3/4/2006-4/15/2011 Forever in our hearts

Former representative of 3rd Floor Johnson
    Current representative of 12 St. N Fargo

I still think it was a mistake to force his dismissal...
    Former NDSU intramural athlete.

Best of luck to Hinterstocker!

Quote Originally Posted by aces1180 View Post
    Without people on this board know exactly what the circumstances we cannot say it whether it was a mistake or not.
    Now if you your job is in HR from another company you might have a better undestanding of it.

I am happy that he was able to get another job in the field, and I am sure that the Gophers did a full
    search and were happy with the explanations.

Of course they can use the public information but all NDSU could tell them if contacted was he worked here
    from date xxx to date yyy.

It is against the law for the past employer to say he did this or that and was let go.

Quote Originally Posted by imabison View Post
    Without people on this board know exactly what the circumstances we cannot say it whether it was a mistake or not.
    Now if you your job is in HR from another company you might have a better undestanding of it.

I am happy that he was able to get another job in the field, and I am sure that the Gophers did a full
    search and were happy with the explanations.

Of course they can use the public information but all NDSU could tell them if contacted was he worked here
    from date xxx to date yyy.

It is against the law for the past employer to say he did this or that and was let go.
    From what I have heard, which isn't much, it stemmed more from his relationship with a certain administrator than it did from his attitude or conduct. You are right, we'll never know what really happened, but word gets around pretty fast and its safe to assume there was more than just an incident with language or grabbing a jersey...

Great hire. Chosen from arguably the best coach in the history of the game. Outstanding!

Quote Originally Posted by aces1180 View Post
    Agreed. I talked to him a bunch of times while writing for the Spectrum and I watched the team practice a few times while waiting to interview him and nothing ever seemed out of the norm. He was always great to talk to as well.

I wish him the best at MN.
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUstudent View Post
    Agreed. I talked to him a bunch of times while writing for the Spectrum and I watched the team practice a few times while waiting to interview him and nothing ever seemed out of the norm. He was always great to talk to as well.

I wish him the best at MN.
    Yeah, I talked with him too for a few stories I wrote for Bison Illustrated...I never saw/heard anything out of the ordinary.

I worked under HInterstocker and did some camps under him. Great dude, always cheerfull, very intense, very passionate about the game.

Dude has an exceptional mind for the game of volleyball. Last I hear he was 99.9% done with coaching and working in advertisment for a recruiting software. So awesome to hear that he's back in the game.

hugh mccutcheon and erich hinterstocker. Those are some incredibly lucky volleyball athletes. Count me in as an instant Gohper fan.