Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Hinterstocker hired at UMN

Default Re: Hinterstocker hired at UMN

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post
    Well, Dorn hired Tim Miles. And the softball, soccer, track, golf, and cross country programs are all doing pretty good or better. I'm assuming she hired all those coaches.

I've got no insight into the Hintersocker deal, but VB was doing great before that.

I was disappointed to see the soccer coach go too. WBB is a big disappointment, and the baseball folks sure don't seem to like Dorn.
    Didn't she let our soccer coach walk over very little money then pay his replacement more or something like that??????? I hope the soccer coach can get it done, didn't his recruiting class have 6 of 7 or something like that players off of his old club team. That just raised a flag for me as what happens when that connection runs out as the players don't have a connection to him again. And then the little suspension she also had here in the last few years.

It is tough to argue with the results over the last five years of the soccer, softball, track and volleyball programs though.

Quote Originally Posted by steelbison View Post
    This!!! Lynn has done nothing for NDSU...Totally disagreed with the "firing" of Eric, throw in WBB and the incident with the student and the only question I have is how in the hell does she still have a job?
    I am utterly shocked that a major university like NDSU, who continues to push for bigger and better things, contineous to employ someone in such an important role as AD, with all the ugly reports, and the fact that the majority of mens coaches want nothing to do with her. She has individual blemishes on NDSU's PR. It's ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by silkamilkamonico View Post
    I am utterly shocked that a major university like NDSU, who continues to push for bigger and better things, contineous to employ someone in such an important role as AD, with all the ugly reports, and the fact that the majority of mens coaches want nothing to do with her. She has individual blemishes on NDSU's PR. It's ridiculous.
    Well said. Time for her to go imho.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
    When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time. -Max McGee

“I really thought you had to run the football to control the game,” Erhardt once said. “You had to throw the football to score but had to run the football to win.” - Ron Erhardt

Ditto! +++

I dug up this old thread to inform that Erich is now at Marquette. He went from assistant at UMN to associate head coach at Marquette. His wife is also a former standout of the Marquette volleyball program.

As an aside, I never knew that Erich's degrees were all in chiropractic.

http://www.gomarquette.com/sports/w-...030314aaa.html

Interesting - did it not work out for him at UofM? Is the marquette gig a better deal? Maybe it's the ties he has to Marquette

Lynn Dorn has naked pictures of Bresciani or something. How two programs under her can be absolutely decimated is beyond me. With Dorn as the leader, those programs can't recover until she is gone.

Interesting - did it not work out for him at UofM? Is the marquette gig a better deal? Maybe it's the ties he has to Marquette
    Lots of connections to Marquette. And a better position. Check the link.

Quote Originally Posted by Hammersmith View Post
    I dug up this old thread to inform that Erich is now at Marquette. He went from assistant at UMN to associate head coach at Marquette. His wife is also a former standout of the Marquette volleyball program.

As an aside, I never knew that Erich's degrees were all in chiropractic.

http://www.gomarquette.com/sports/w-...030314aaa.html
    Rock

"In wine there is wisdom, in beer there is freedom, in water there is bacteria." --- Benjamin Franklin

Actually, I think it was because Erich is a hard-core democrat and he couldn't stand working under a republican First Lady.

http://www.gophersports.com/sports/w...olley-mtt.html

(obviously this is a joke; I have no idea what Erich's political views actually are)