Page 32 of 33 FirstFirst ... 2230313233 LastLast

Thread: UMKC to the WAC????

Default Re: UMKC to the WAC????

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post
    a. No, they broke the contract and paid the buyout. It's built-in damages.
    b. Contracts like this have to have a buyout because, otherwise, NDSU would have to litigate to get any compensation. The Attorney General isn't going to drop everything to help... NDSU.
    c. There is a huge disconnect in society between what is legal and what is ethical.
    Is it also then unethical to buyout of my Verizon contract?
    TRUST THE PROCESS

Quote Originally Posted by unbison View Post
    Can you see any differences between the two situations? If not, you are basically asking me to do your thinking for you, in which case, before I answer your question, I want power of attorney.

Quote Originally Posted by unbison View Post
    Verizon might think so. They might also report the account as handled less than perfect and would be doing so within the law. Verizon does report to all three credit bureaus. I've seen peoples credit scores get hit by credit cards closed by credit grantor for lack of activity. On some cards, that's actually breaking an agreement that is in the fine print.

Quote Originally Posted by NorthernBison View Post
    Verizon might think so. They might also report the account as handled less than perfect and would be doing so within the law. Verizon does report to all three credit bureaus. I've seen peoples credit scores get hit by credit cards closed by credit grantor for lack of activity. On some cards, that's actually breaking an agreement that is in the fine print.
    Actually, people leaving within the terms of the contract is accepted and expected by Verizon, ATT, Comcast, DirecTV, ect. It's called churn, which keeps track of those who leave and those who become customers in a certain time frame. It is a key business component used in planning and budgeting. Obviously, if the account becomes deliquent or the customer doesn't pay his/her termination fee, that is a different story. Unlike Verizon, NDSU was not guaranteed a replacement for that lost account/game. Huge difference.
    Former NDSU intramural athlete.

Quote Originally Posted by aces1180 View Post
    Actually, people leaving within the terms of the contract is accepted and expected by Verizon, ATT, Comcast, DirecTV, ect. It's called churn, which keeps track of those who leave and those who become customers in a certain time frame. It is a key business component used in planning and budgeting. Obviously, if the account becomes deliquent or the customer doesn't pay his/her termination fee, that is a different story. Unlike Verizon, NDSU was not guaranteed a replacement for that lost account/game. Huge difference.
    Good information. Notice I said "might". I am 100% certain that people get their credit scores dinged by credit cards that are closed by the credit grantor. Sometimes this is simply because they took out a card to get a signup gift and never used the card. After a while, the issuer closes the account. The unknown thing is that the original agreement often includes a promise by the cardholder to use the card once or twice a year. Since they didn't do that, the account gets closed and gets coded differently than an account handled as agreed. Is it a big deal? Probably not a lot of points and most people never even know it happened.

Quote Originally Posted by NorthernBison View Post
    Good information. Notice I said "might". I am 100% certain that people get their credit scores dinged by credit cards that are closed by the credit grantor. Sometimes this is simply because they took out a card to get a signup gift and never used the card. After a while, the issuer closes the account. The unknown thing is that the original agreement often includes a promise by the cardholder to use the card once or twice a year. Since they didn't do that, the account gets closed and gets coded differently than an account handled as agreed. Is it a big deal? Probably not a lot of points and most people never even know it happened.
    You are correct about credit cards. The only time a phone company, TV company or other utility will ding your credit score is if you go delinquent.
    Former NDSU intramural athlete.

a. No, they broke the contract and paid the buyout. It's built-in damages.
    b. Contracts like this have to have a buyout because, otherwise, NDSU would have to litigate to get any compensation. The Attorney General isn't going to drop everything to help... NDSU.
    c. There is a huge disconnect in society between what is legal and what is ethical.
    a and b together means MSU exercised the agreed upon terms of the contract.
    c. Like I've said, MSU's "when" of doing this leaves them open to great question. Like any other business*, others may now choose to not do business* with MSU after seeing them doing this trade practice.

*I just called NCAA teams "businesses". Either I'm going to Hell or ... wait ... Indianapolis just called ... I'm going to Hell.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Sicatoka View Post
    a and b together means MSU exercised the agreed upon terms of the contract.
    Seems like we're just separating the fly shit from the pepper here. Can we all agree that it was a total douchebag move and move on?
    OFFICIAL BISONVILLE SPONSOR OF:
    Tatanka™ brand humor. Gary Bettman's incompetence. The process of recommending a task force to recommend a process to be suggested to another task force, and of meetings called to discuss future meetings. The 21.3% of teh university students that, unlike Tatanka, are online-only, and the 15+% that never step foot in North Dakota. And hating Detroit...
    Proud member of TOHBTC and NDSU Team Makers.

Can you see any differences between the two situations? If not, you are basically asking me to do your thinking for you, in which case, before I answer your question, I want power of attorney.
    Ummmm idk if I'd like that ..... Idc about the money but ud probably change all my posts ....
    TRUST THE PROCESS

DePereBisonFan is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I was expecting a few more conference moves by now - a bit of a domino effect on the lesser of the mid major conferences. As it is, this thread has become really boring.