Page 3 of 33 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: UMKC to the WAC????

Quote Originally Posted by filbert View Post
    Uh.

This is UMKC we're talking about. They just lost--again--to Houston Baptist.
    I know. Did you see who is leaving and who is joining the WAC? I was only half joking.

Default Re: UMKC to the WAC????

Quote Originally Posted by NorthernBison View Post
    I know. Did you see who is leaving and who is joining the WAC? I was only half joking.
    See, it was asserting that Concordia would beat UMKC that lead me to believe you were completely serious.

Quote Originally Posted by filbert View Post
    See, it was asserting that Concordia would beat UMKC that lead me to believe you were completely serious.
    I was at the game, and I am serious that Concordia could have beatne UMKC that night.

Two questions:

1. Is this a "done deal?" I did not have time to click on the links.
    2. I've mentioned this before, and nearly got blasted, but this makes the losers up North look pretty darn attractive to stabilize the Summitt league if MV is not an option. Face it, MVFC schedule already "uneven" so I can't see why adding another team would hurt them, even if a bottom feeder. I wonder if we will see the past repeat itself. (ie Summitt league presidents pressure MVFC presidents to admit another member like they did with USD). I have to think Big Sky would say bye, bye if ever given a chance.
    Last edited by THEsocalledfan; 02-07-2013 at 07:39 PM.

No, not a done deal.

Terry Vandrovec from the Argus-Leader tweeted that the KC SID has said to expect "some kind of release" in the next 24 hrs.

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    Two questions:

1. Is this a "done deal?" I did not have time to click on the links.
    2. I've mentioned this before, and nearly got blasted, but this makes the loser up North look pretty darn attractive to stabilize the Summitt league if MV if not an option. Face it, MVFC schedule already "unever" so I can't see why adding another team would hurt them, even if a bottom feeder. I wonder if we will see the past repeat itself. (ie Summitt league president pressure MVFC to admit another member like they did with USD) I have to think Big Sky would say bye, bye if ever given a chance.
    1. There has been no confirmation and this is not the first time it has been rumored, however there is a little more smoke this time.
    2. Some have speculated that UND might be asked into the Summit if this happens with Oakland leaves. I think there is a stronger possibility of a bigger shake up, whatever that is I don't know.

What the hell would UND want to get into a league that is imploding right before your eyes? The bigger question is will NDSU beg again to try get into the Big Sky? There might only be 3 or 4 teams left in the Summit when the dust settles on this.

Quote Originally Posted by Spiker View Post
    What the hell would UND want to get into a league that is imploding right before your eyes? The bigger question is will NDSU beg again to try get into the Big Sky? There might only be 3 or 4 teams left in the Summit when the dust settles on this.
    Highly doubt we would have to beg, and doubtful we go that route, MVFC>Fluffy
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant

Quote Originally Posted by Spiker View Post
    How would the league be imploding if you have the 4 dakota schools together? Yes, still a risk with Oakland, but there would be a chance of stability. Further, the Who would finally have a respectable football conference. UND would be fools not to make the move, but they clearly proved they are fools in about 2003 to be exact.....

Quote Originally Posted by tjbison View Post
    Highly doubt we would have to beg, and doubtful we go that route, MVFC>Fluffy
    Does the MVFC need NDSU enough to leverage into the MVC? I know they're separate entities but have the same administration and member schools