Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Dakota schools lure Minnesota prep football stars

Default Dakota schools lure Minnesota prep football stars

Fifteen Minnesotans are expected to sign national letters of intent at the four Dakota colleges, with as many as a dozen more still deciding as Wednesday's signing day approached. All four schools are NCAA Division I programs at the FCS (Football Championship Subdivision) level, formerly known as Division I-AA.

Traditionally viewed as a fallback for those who weren't recruited at college football's highest level, the Dakota schools these days are seen by many Minnesota players as more than a consolation prize. Last year 78 Minnesotans suited up across the four schools, which offer a decidedly smaller-town pull on the athletes.

http://www.startribune.com/sports/go...1&c=y#continue
    Rule #76: No excuses, play like a champion!

Default Re: Dakota schools lure Minnesota prep football stars

'Totally out of the blue'

Eastview tight end A.J. Stockwell never even considered playing for North Dakota until coaches there reached out to him after his junior year and offered him a scholarship based on nothing more than seeing him play on film.( I know it does happen, just sounds par for the course for UN_)

"It was totally out of the blue," Stockwell said.

Stockwell was intrigued. If North Dakota had made such a bold gesture without knowing him, he owed them a visit to Grand Forks.

"I liked it," Stockwell said. "There are no pro teams. Everyone pays attention to the college teams.(I think he means team...) They really love the team(yep, and unfortunately it's not the team you just joined) and it's a program on the rise. I felt like it was a good place for me."

LMFAO, really?
    check neg rep

Warning: It is the offseason. Trollolol may or may not be in full swing. Take a deep breath and eat a trolli burger before reading my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
    I'm tired of seeing the old Belushi clip from Animal House..."over? it's not over..." in the waning seconds of another loss to NDSU.

Quote Originally Posted by EndZoneQB View Post
    LMFAO, really?
    Hey now! They do love the team. As long as its not during hunting or fishing season. And as long as there isn't some big going on in Sioux Falls that weekend like a monster truck rally or a Lynard Skynard concert.
    Don't matter. FIVE-PEAT!

Quote Originally Posted by bisonmike2 View Post
    Hey now! They do love the team. As long as its not during hunting or fishing season. And as long as there isn't some big going on in Sioux Falls that weekend like a monster truck rally or a Lynard Skynard concert.
    Sioux Falls???...
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant

Quote Originally Posted by tjbison View Post
    Sioux Falls???...
    People disappear from Brookings on the weekend for events in Sioux Falls.
    Don't matter. FIVE-PEAT!

Quote Originally Posted by bisonmike2 View Post
    People disappear from Brookings on the weekend for events in Sioux Falls.
    I thought you were referencing EZQB's post
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant

Quote Originally Posted by tjbison View Post
    I thought you were referencing EZQB's post
    Whoops. I thought that quote was from one of the kids who was going to SDSU.
    Don't matter. FIVE-PEAT!

Kill has one minnesotan this class i believe...while gopher fans will refute the fact that the best players from minnesota are already goin to notre dame, wisconsin or iowa...its disturbing that the local big 10 team cant keep more homegrown kids in the back yard..and we all know the ones who slip through the cracks wouldve helped out the gophers tremendously. Not that im complaining about ndsus gets or anything

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk 2

Good article. The Dakota schools play at a very high level and the Missouri Valley is a beast of a conference. UNI, Youngstown, and SIU could all take down the Gophers too. Now were starting to beat MAC conference teams regularly in recruiting battles

anyone else surprised that ndsu only got 1 kid out of twin cities? hope thats not a trend, you were built on twin cities kids.