Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Delaware St.

Default Re: Delaware St.

Quote Originally Posted by onbison09 View Post
    There's actually history behind that because DSU is a HBCU. A lot of pent up feelings. I remember when they played in the playoffs awhile ago.
    Yep same lame arguments they use to not play each other. Its dejavue all over again.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    Yep same lame arguments they use to not play each other. Its dejavue all over again.
    Minus the whole HBCU thing. Either that, or we're the whitest black people I've seen outside of Michael Jackson!
    I'm coo-coo for Coco's puffs!

WWTFSMD?

Do not speak of that of about which we talk of not speaking... about.

Real men wear aprons. 2Be1Ask1

Quote Originally Posted by TbonZach View Post
    Minus the whole HBCU thing. Either that, or we're the whitest black people I've seen outside of Michael Jackson!
    A few years ago they had to play each other and the build up was funny. I went to there message board and you just cant believe the arguments that were used for not playing and to play each other. They could have taken the thread right out of BV. All they needed to do was change the names.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

BisonFan02 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    A few years ago they had to play each other and the build up was funny. I went to there message board and you just cant believe the arguments that were used for not playing and to play each other. They could have taken the thread right out of BV. All they needed to do was change the names.
    Didn't Delaware win that game 40some to 7 with Flacco at the helm (believe that was the 07 season where they lost to Appy in the finals).

Quote Originally Posted by BisonFan02 View Post
    Didn't Delaware win that game 40some to 7 with Flacco at the helm (believe that was the 07 season where they lost to Appy in the finals).
    Yeah thats the one.

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerhead View Post
    While looking for info on DSU, I found this gem on wikipedia:

DSU never been scheduled by potential instate rival University of Delaware for a regular season game. This is highly unusual for two state universities, that play on the same athletic tier, to not play one another, especially one that is less than one hour's drive away from campus.

I guess we can get by without playing the Whioux.
    Just because someone else is an idiot doesnt mean we have to be

EagleBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerhead View Post
    While looking for info on DSU, I found this gem on wikipedia:

DSU never been scheduled by potential instate rival University of Delaware for a regular season game. This is highly unusual for two state universities, that play on the same athletic tier, to not play one another, especially one that is less than one hour's drive away from campus.

I guess we can get by without playing the Whioux.
    Delawhioux had West Chester on their schedule for years.
    Collector of Bison Homecoming pins - Buy or Trade

Quote Originally Posted by MankatoBison View Post
    Just because someone else is an idiot doesnt mean we have to be
    Just to be clear...are you saying everyone who thinks we shouldnt play the "School up North Whioux Must not be Named" are idiots?
    I don't care how the vote ended up. They still suck and always will.

Official Unofficial President of the Bisonville Zach Vraa Fan Club.
    http://www.bisonville.com/forum/show...zach+vraa+club

Quote Originally Posted by aces1180 View Post
    I don't have a link, but I've heard rumors about the Bison hosting Delaware St. in September. Has anyone heard anything about this potential game?
    If it's played in Dover, I might be the only one wearing green & gold!
    "You're either green and growing or ripe and dying." - Craig Bohl

Quote Originally Posted by BisonTeacher View Post
    Just to be clear...are you saying everyone who thinks we shouldnt play the "School up North Whioux Must not be Named" are idiots?
    No what I'm saying, is that if we don't play them, it should be for our own reasons. Not because "Delaware and Delaware St dont play anymore so we shouldnt either". To enter that into your reasoning, would be idiotic.