Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: New Verbal Chris Board

Default Re: Chris Board

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    Do not agree.
    I think he meant the average fan. I for one looked for Board on special teams all the time. making the tackle or pushing the return back to all his support coming behind him
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

HerdistheWord is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by BisManBison View Post
    Another guy we as fans didn't appreciate enough.
    I underappreciated the heck out of him. I was very surprised when he signed as an UDFA. I saw his first preseason game though and you can tell he belongs in the NFL. I'm happy that he has turned into a special teams stud for them. The Ravens seem like a great team to play defense on. They have some creative defensive packages and they know how robuse their guys.

17>1 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Meaty View Post
    I think he meant the average fan. I for one looked for Board on special teams all the time. making the tackle or pushing the return back to all his support coming behind him
    I think he meant the fans from Bisonville, and we aren't the average fan. I know a lot of people noticed Chris on teams, he was a monster and in on almost every tackle it seemed, kind of hard to miss him out there really. But I think the previous poster was implying that Chris didn't garner a lot of discussion from us, other than maybe how the young man hadn't cracked the defensive starting line up until his senior year. Not appreciated? He sure was. Raved about? Probably not as much as others we've seen come through wearing the uniform. When we recruited Chris Board, there was a ton of excitement from Bisonville about this giant safety that was going to be roaming around the backfield lighting people up. Well we all saw him not start at safety, played some mop up snaps occasionally, then he got moved to LB I think before his junior year(?). The kid obviously is gifted and is showing the league how great he is on special teams. I just think that when he was here, we including myself, had some pretty high inaccurate expectations for Chris Board and they weren't met.

This story reminds me of Ramon Humber. I mean honestly, were there outside linebackers when Joe Mays played? I say that tongue in cheek obviously because Joe got all the attention in the middle, and Maresh and Humber went somewhat unnoticed....at least from what I can remember.

If you think about it, there a lot of guys on this current team that really don't get talked about very often. Does that mean we don't appreciate them? No. But the leaders and the captains are usually at the forefront and it's natural for us to gravitate towards them and critique them. It's part of being in that role I guess.
    8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17>1

GOBISON123 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by WeAreThePride View Post
    Wow. Great words from Harbaugh there.
    I was excited when he was playing Safety, then lost track when he moved to LB. His quote stuck in my mind, When Dom Izzo asked why he did not quit. He said, " If you quit now, you will be a quitter for the rest of your life"..something like that.
    " Our strategy for winning against BISON was simple, we put our WRs and RBs in a 1 on 1 situation with their defense in the backfield.....everybody knows they have some freshman who cannot tackle in a 1 on 1 situation.....Joe Glen"

We had his father and girlfriend at our tailgate in frisco. He said Chris was going home to Florida to train. He hired a trainer and an agent. We wished him well and I looked for him occasionally.
    He sure knew what he was doing. And I’m glad he listened to himself.
    I like to surround myself with people who share in my inappropriate comments, sarcasm, and random shenanigans

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Meaty View Post
    Board was just as important as Wentz or RJ in beating ISUr in the NC when you think about it.

Special teams stud his entire career at NDSU.

https://twitter.com/Ravens/status/10...679937025?s=09

Sent by my phone on a bullet train from Hillsboro.

17>1 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by 1998braves64 View Post

Now that is a cool picture!!
    8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17>1

Quote Originally Posted by 1998braves64 View Post

Another nice thing about out our school colors is that they stick out. I was able to find Board pretty quick.

Using my iPhone to Tapatalk-a-tap-dance on the F’Hawking graves of dead feelings from those who worship Nazi-sympathizers.
    Hail the BISON!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Moen View Post
    Another nice thing about out our school colors is that they stick out. I was able to find Board pretty quick.

Using my iPhone to Tapatalk-a-tap-dance on the F’Hawking graves of dead feelings from those who worship Nazi-sympathizers.
    It's intimidating to the eyes.