Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: New Verbal Chris Board

Default Re: New Verbal Chris Board

Quote Originally Posted by yopaulie View Post
    How could he have had a bigger role his senior year, thought he was a main starter all year?

His junior year, we also had:
    DeLuca...another NFLer
    Pierre Gee Tucker...really had a great senior season
    MJ Stumpf...played above all expectation, not at Boards athletic ability, but played superbly

Who would you have benched, used less? Seemed to me like coaches utilized players pretty well, tough to judge in hindsight. Kind of reminds me of Wentz...I don't question him backing up Jensen. And Wentz was a #2 overall pick.
    His Senior year he only played because of injuries at the LB position and that is pretty well known and documented. Yes, he finished 4th on the team on tackles but I'm guessing over half of those came from special teams as he was on every one of them. While he got credit with starts because of injuries his Senior year his snaps seemed to be very limited. His Junior year I believe he would have been a better option than PGT as well.

Hindsight is tough because the Bison have been stacked at several positions for several years and none of us can predict the future. Heck, nobody was none the wiser because we didn't get to see him with the volume of snaps as the other LB's. I remember watching that NC game against JMU and wondering where has this guy been and why in gods green earth he wasn't on the field more. All I am saying it's obvious that he should not have been the injury emergency starter and been a primary starter.

The coaching staff did a great job. Even the best coaching staffs miss on guys and I think the Bison staff just had the mentality of if it ain't broke don't fix it. They missed on Chris for whatever reason. Won't be the first time or the last time that happens. Our coaches get it right more times than not. Chris got his shot of meaningful snaps late in his senior year and he took full advantage of it. What he showed with those snaps along with his pro day got him a shot at the next level. Good on him and proud of him to stick it out and to carry himself as a true professional as well as a great Bison! His story should be one that parents share with their kids to show what hard work, a good attitude, and perseverance can accomplish in any aspect of life.

WeAreThePride is offline Senior DC Correspondent Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Chris Board

Ravens taking a LB probably isn't good news for Board.

Quote Originally Posted by WeAreThePride View Post
    Ravens taking a LB probably isn't good news for Board.
    Special teams,that’s what he does

Boo hoo. Step up. It's the NFL.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time. -Max McGee

“I really thought you had to run the football to control the game,” Erhardt once said. “You had to throw the football to score but had to run the football to win.” - Ron Erhardt

WeAreThePride is offline Senior DC Correspondent Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by westnodak93bison View Post

I can only dream about someday being as hard as you.

SoCalBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I quoted this as an example, not because I have a beef with the poster, but what's with all the pissy-ness on multiple threads today. Coronavirus stress getting to folks?
    Bison gonna Bison, FCS or FBS(tm)

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalBison View Post
    I quoted this as an example, not because I have a beef with the poster, but what's with all the pissy-ness on multiple threads today. Coronavirus stress getting to folks?
    A troll has to troll.
    Hail the BISON!!!

I can only dream about someday being as hard as you.
    Ok. Sorry to ruffle your feathers. We should hope NFL teams should not draft players to compete against former Bison. Lmao

When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time. -Max McGee

“I really thought you had to run the football to control the game,” Erhardt once said. “You had to throw the football to score but had to run the football to win.” - Ron Erhardt

Ok. Sorry to ruffle your feathers. We should hope NFL teams should not draft players to compete against former Bison. Lmao

Who the hell pissed in your corn flakes?

Who the hell pissed in your corn flakes?
    Bring on the competition?