Page 69 of 78 FirstFirst ... 19596768697071 ... LastLast

Thread: ND Higher Education just got interesting

Default Re: ND Higher Education just got interesting

I was an out of state student. I received a tuition waiver for working in the student government office. Can those jobs only go to ND students?

Wait. Maybe im not the best example.

The article says most of the waivers go to international students. And the committee is concerned ndsu has such a higher %?

I am assuming many if not most of the international students are of different racial backgrounds?

Just sayin.
    I don't care how the vote ended up. They still suck and always will.

Official Unofficial President of the Bisonville Zach Vraa Fan Club.
    http://www.bisonville.com/forum/show...zach+vraa+club

Q. You know when a waiver isn't a waiver?
    A. When it's Williston State to anybody outside of Minnesota or when it's Minot State giving in-state tuition to anybody in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post
    Q. You know when a waiver isn't a waiver?
    A. When it's Williston State to anybody outside of Minnesota or when it's Minot State giving in-state tuition to anybody in the world.
    Shhhhhhh. Quiet, you! That doesn't fit the anti-NDSU narrative.
    OFFICIAL BISONVILLE SPONSOR OF:
    Tatanka™ brand humor. Gary Bettman's incompetence. The process of recommending a task force to recommend a process to be suggested to another task force, and of meetings called to discuss future meetings. The 21.3% of teh university students that, unlike Tatanka, are online-only, and the 15+% that never step foot in North Dakota. And hating Detroit...
    Proud member of TOHBTC and NDSU Team Makers.

perthbison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by NDB2 View Post
    I'm shocked that the legislature doesn't understand a basic attribute of a modern research university.
    I'm NOT.---------

Quote Originally Posted by NDB2 View Post
    I'm shocked that the legislature doesn't understand a basic attribute of a modern research university.
    If more of them went to graduate school, they might understand a little more and law school doesn't count in that regards. The research universities are partly to blame by not involving undergraduate students more intimately with research, as well. Now we also have a generation gap between the lawmakers and those that might comprehend the research role.

Quote Originally Posted by td577 View Post
    If more of them went to graduate school, they might understand a little more and law school doesn't count in that regards. The research universities are partly to blame by not involving undergraduate students more intimately with research, as well. Now we also have a generation gap between the lawmakers and those that might comprehend the research role.
    What % went to law school? Or better yet how many did not go to college at all.
    If they did go to either school, shame on them for not even understanding the function of the school they attended. On line doesn't count.
    I like to surround myself with people who share in my inappropriate comments, sarcasm, and random shenanigans

Quote Originally Posted by StL Bison Fan View Post
    If they did go to either school, shame on them for not even understanding the function of the school they attended. On line doesn't count.
    Shows occupation, but not education---only 4% lawyers in legislative session before this one, 36% business.

http://www.legis.nd.gov/63rdlegislativeassembly
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

Quote Originally Posted by BisonVet View Post
    Shows occupation, but not education---only 4% lawyers in legislative session before this one, 36% business.

http://www.legis.nd.gov/63rdlegislativeassembly
    Approx age is interesting. In the past they listed their religion
    I like to surround myself with people who share in my inappropriate comments, sarcasm, and random shenanigans

Quote Originally Posted by StL Bison Fan View Post
    I went through the Ms before I had enough. Only a couple haven't been to college and there is a large handful who went to law school. I've always wondered what I was supposed to really do with my economics degree, so I should have really looked at that list earlier. A lot of econ majors on there.

Apparently you get elected and it is up to everyone else to tell you what is important, because you are right, there is no excuse for not knowing. Especially the high percentage who are whioux and Bison alum. Unless it just comes down to being a dick measuring contest and Williston wins out because votes get split or is it Dickenson. I forget which one signs the grant paperwork for my pseudo enrollment.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

In 2004 I received a diploma from Dickinson State with my son's name on it (he is a II so that's odd and he didn't graduate high school until 2006) I called them and they said to mail it back. I wasn't going to waste the postage, so hey, if he wants a diploma...

But you know, ndsu is the bad school