Page 68 of 78 FirstFirst ... 18586667686970 ... LastLast

Thread: ND Higher Education just got interesting

Default Re: ND Higher Education just got interesting

Quote Originally Posted by BisonVet View Post
    At the very least we know the man has excellent taste in head.
    woops........I thinks I accidently changed your post to read.........."excellent taste in head". Not sure how that happened. Wasn't even near my computer.............odd.

Quote Originally Posted by IzzyFlexion View Post
    woops........I thinks I accidently changed your post to read.........."excellent taste in head". Not sure how that happened. Wasn't even near my computer.............odd.
    You will be hearing from my lawyer.
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

The next < bleep > storm on the horizon.

http://www.inforum.com/news/educatio...state-students

"We're all a little bit surprised with, you know, the dollars that are going with regards to out-of-state tuition," said committee chairman Rep. Gary Kreidt, R-New Salem. "I don't think anybody's ever really received that information before. I thought it was rather substantial, as well as I think everybody else did."
    I said waivers would come under scrutiny next. And now a legislative committee chair is "surprised" by the information and refers to it as "substantial". I don't see this ending well.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Sicatoka View Post
    The next < bleep > storm on the horizon.

http://www.inforum.com/news/educatio...state-students

I said waivers would come under scrutiny next. And now a legislative committee chair is "surprised" by the information and refers to it as "substantial". I don't see this ending well.
    Well, the legislative committee chair should be more informed, and should also be more informed as to the reasons behind waivers. This is grandstanding at its finest, from the usual suspects.

Also interesting but not surprising:
    "Our limited review of information identified certain waivers granted appeared to be in noncompliance with the SBHE intent for providing a waiver," the report read. "For example, UND established a 'give-away' promotion available for students attending an athletic event on campus."
    OFFICIAL BISONVILLE SPONSOR OF:
    Tatanka™ brand humor. Gary Bettman's incompetence. The process of recommending a task force to recommend a process to be suggested to another task force, and of meetings called to discuss future meetings. The 21.3% of teh university students that, unlike Tatanka, are online-only, and the 15+% that never step foot in North Dakota. And hating Detroit...
    Proud member of TOHBTC and NDSU Team Makers.

I'm shocked that the legislature doesn't understand a basic attribute of a modern research university.
    Many thousands are in want of common necessaries; hundreds of thousands are in want of common comforts, sir."
    Scrooge-"Are there no prisons?". "Plenty of prisons..."
    Scrooge-"And the Union workhouses." . "Are they still in operation?". "Both very busy, sir..."
    "Those who are badly off must go there."
    "Many can't go there; and many would rather die."
    Scrooge- "If they would rather die," "they had better do it, and decrease the surplus population."

Quote Originally Posted by NDB2 View Post
    I'm shocked that the legislature doesn't understand a basic attribute of a modern research university.
    You shouldn't be. Spend a couple days at session listening to them. It will make perfect sense.
    Tatanka™ brand humor. Gary Bettman's incompetence. The process of recommending a task force to recommend a process to be suggested to another task force, and of meetings called to discuss future meetings. The 21.3% of teh university students that, unlike Tatanka, are online-only, and the 15+% that never step foot in North Dakota. And hating Detroit...

Tatanka, you silly Bison.

You have swallowed the bait.
    Many thousands are in want of common necessaries; hundreds of thousands are in want of common comforts, sir."
    Scrooge-"Are there no prisons?". "Plenty of prisons..."
    Scrooge-"And the Union workhouses." . "Are they still in operation?". "Both very busy, sir..."
    "Those who are badly off must go there."
    "Many can't go there; and many would rather die."
    Scrooge- "If they would rather die," "they had better do it, and decrease the surplus population."

"For example, UND established a 'give-away' promotion available for students attending an athletic event on campus."

Wonder if they get credits toward an online course for that also?

Quote Originally Posted by Tatanka View Post
    You shouldn't be. Spend a couple days at session listening to them. It will make perfect sense.
    I did once. I later got notice that an equal number of days has been knocked off my scheduled time in purgatory.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Sicatoka View Post
    I did once. I later got notice that an equal number of days has been knocked off my scheduled time in purgatory.