Page 28 of 78 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast

Thread: ND Higher Education just got interesting

Default Re: ND Higher Education just got interesting

He's actually all over it.
    Many thousands are in want of common necessaries; hundreds of thousands are in want of common comforts, sir."
    Scrooge-"Are there no prisons?". "Plenty of prisons..."
    Scrooge-"And the Union workhouses." . "Are they still in operation?". "Both very busy, sir..."
    "Those who are badly off must go there."
    "Many can't go there; and many would rather die."
    Scrooge- "If they would rather die," "they had better do it, and decrease the surplus population."

Quote Originally Posted by NDB2 View Post
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by NDB2 View Post

Well, geographically speaking, I'm sure you're correct. Kind of by default due to total size and proximity.

Oh you mean he's actually commenting on the story? How? I'm guessing "why aren't we sending Grand Forks more money?"
    OFFICIAL BISONVILLE SPONSOR OF:
    Tatanka™ brand humor. Gary Bettman's incompetence. The process of recommending a task force to recommend a process to be suggested to another task force, and of meetings called to discuss future meetings. The 21.3% of teh university students that, unlike Tatanka, are online-only, and the 15+% that never step foot in North Dakota. And hating Detroit...
    Proud member of TOHBTC and NDSU Team Makers.

Many thousands are in want of common necessaries; hundreds of thousands are in want of common comforts, sir."
    Scrooge-"Are there no prisons?". "Plenty of prisons..."
    Scrooge-"And the Union workhouses." . "Are they still in operation?". "Both very busy, sir..."
    "Those who are badly off must go there."
    "Many can't go there; and many would rather die."
    Scrooge- "If they would rather die," "they had better do it, and decrease the surplus population."

Thought we weren't supposed to post links to portly Robs site so he can see how much traffic he generates through Bisonville when he gets us all riled up!

Sent on a bullet train from Hillsboro using Win8 phone.

Quote Originally Posted by Tatanka View Post
    What what whaaaaaaaaaaaat? Where's portly Rob on this one?
    I would think considering his size and drinking problem (didn't he get a DUI) he would applaud the possibility of more cardiac nurses.
    I like to surround myself with people who share in my inappropriate comments, sarcasm, and random shenanigans

Sounds like a good deal to me.....increase the size of SU while increasing a commodity that ND is short on (nurses). I think they are all just pissed this will cause SU to be the larger University.

Quote Originally Posted by MAKBison View Post
    Sounds like a good deal to me.....increase the size of SU while increasing a commodity that ND is short on (nurses). I think they are all just pissed this will cause SU to be the larger University.
    yyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy yyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy yyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyep
    OFFICIAL BISONVILLE SPONSOR OF:
    Tatanka™ brand humor. Gary Bettman's incompetence. The process of recommending a task force to recommend a process to be suggested to another task force, and of meetings called to discuss future meetings. The 21.3% of teh university students that, unlike Tatanka, are online-only, and the 15+% that never step foot in North Dakota. And hating Detroit...
    Proud member of TOHBTC and NDSU Team Makers.

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post
    Possibly. They did spend $130 million on a new medical building at UND because "North Dakota needs more doctors" - even though there is no mechanism in that funding to, you know, actually produce more doctors for North Dakota.

It would also make sense if Dosch presented a more cost-effective way to get new nurses. BTW, isn't it astounding that Dosch looks at more nursing students as an unwanted expense? Seems to me that there was a lot of talk in the Legislature about building a whole new school of nursing in the least cost-effective place in North Dakota (i.e. Williston or Lignite Tioga.)
    Funding for increasing the class size for MDs was approved a couple years before the building was approved, and the class size is increasing. However, there is no evidence that increasing MD students will result in more MDs retained in the state. It is generally accepted that increasing the number of medical residents in the state would result in more MDs in ND. Residents tend to stay near where they trained.

Quote Originally Posted by imabison View Post
    I do believe that xND is fighting a battle over what may have been some illegal building purchase also...Cant remember the details, but it was clearly going outside of state
    law. At least this contract was signed "pending approval of the state" hello not similar at all.
    The sate legislature approved the purchase of the REAC building by UND. REAC was built by the UND Research Foundation with a bank loan and an economic development grant from the state. The controversy over the purchase was the mechanism. The legislation allowing the purchase directed the State Board of Higher Education to negotiate with the UND Research Foundation for the purchase. What happened was the Chancellor simply allowed UND to negotiate with the UND Research Foundation (which has UND employees on its Board (among others)).