Page 73 of 78 FirstFirst ... 23637172737475 ... LastLast

Thread: ND Higher Education just got interesting

Default Re: ND Higher Education just got interesting

40.2% of NDSU students take at least one online class. By comparison 35.5% of UND students take at least one online class. (Same source)

Does UND have more full-time online only (no campus presence)? You bet. Undeniably.

But, more NDSU students take at least one online class.

Sic, this is what you posted on SS:

"UND:
    •35.5% (5,289 out of 14,906) of total enrollment take at least one online class.
    •14.2% (2,116 out of 14,906) of the total enrollment is considered on campus but takes at least one online class. Translated, 18.0% (2,116 out of 11,733) "on-campus" students take at least some form of online classes.
    •64.5% (9,617 out of 14,906) are truly "campus only students"

NDSU:

•40.2% (5,928 out of 14,747) of total enrollment take at least one online class.
    •33.2% (4,889 out of 14,474) of the total enrollment is considered on campus but takes at least one online class. Translated, 35.7% (4,889 out of 13,708) "on-campus" students take at least some form of online classes.
    •59.8% (8,819 out of 14,747) are truly "campus only students"

OK, help out the dumb guy. Where did you get those bolded #'s above (the 2,116 for UND and 4,889 for NDSU)?
    My Mom yells louder than your Mom.

They're in the report.

The problem is that Sic is a dumbass. A lot of NDSU students take an online course every once in a while. In no small part because we don't have the faculty to deliver face-to-face.

He's harping on his 'on-campus' only thing like he knows wtf he's talking about.
    Many thousands are in want of common necessaries; hundreds of thousands are in want of common comforts, sir."
    Scrooge-"Are there no prisons?". "Plenty of prisons..."
    Scrooge-"And the Union workhouses." . "Are they still in operation?". "Both very busy, sir..."
    "Those who are badly off must go there."
    "Many can't go there; and many would rather die."
    Scrooge- "If they would rather die," "they had better do it, and decrease the surplus population."

Quote Originally Posted by The_Sicatoka View Post
    40.2% of NDSU students take at least one online class. By comparison 35.5% of UND students take at least one online class. (Same source)

Does UND have more full-time online only (no campus presence)? You bet. Undeniably.

What's your point?
    Many thousands are in want of common necessaries; hundreds of thousands are in want of common comforts, sir."
    Scrooge-"Are there no prisons?". "Plenty of prisons..."
    Scrooge-"And the Union workhouses." . "Are they still in operation?". "Both very busy, sir..."
    "Those who are badly off must go there."
    "Many can't go there; and many would rather die."
    Scrooge- "If they would rather die," "they had better do it, and decrease the surplus population."

Trumpster is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Saying that because they take a single online class means that they are not on campus students is ridiculous.
    Hail Hydra.

Whoop de freakin doo. Bottom line is the ROI of an on campus student even if they take a class or two online is higher than for an online only student. How many dorm rooms are vacant at UND? How many rooms do you have to rent out to tech schools just to get some occupancy and get the line back closer to black? Think about it a little bit. What exactly are you trying to say? Right now it looks like you're saying "Sicatoka a dumbass", which I would like to think is only partially true.
    OFFICIAL BISONVILLE SPONSOR OF:
    Tatanka™ brand humor. Gary Bettman's incompetence. The process of recommending a task force to recommend a process to be suggested to another task force, and of meetings called to discuss future meetings. The 21.3% of teh university students that, unlike Tatanka, are online-only, and the 15+% that never step foot in North Dakota. And hating Detroit...
    Proud member of TOHBTC and NDSU Team Makers.

This is the main point many have been making for years, and not whether NDSU students take at least 1 online class. 21.3% of UND students are online only, vs. 7% of NDSU students online only. But yet UND somehow historically needs way more dollars allocated for physical infrastructure. The dorm situation up there speaks volumes.

100% of UND sucks.
    My Mom yells louder than your Mom.

Quote Originally Posted by Trumpster View Post
    Saying that because they take a single online class means that they are not on campus students is ridiculous.
    Don't expect Sic to get that point though. He's on an NDSU witch hunt again. Let the jealousy flow there sic.

FBS OR BUST FIRE LARSEN
    Hey UND: 34-9...38-7...34-13...16-6...42-21

100% anti MAGA

sucktoka, many years ago I coached a youth soccer team and the second or third year a new kid was put on my team. He was a loner who kept to himself. One day I noticed he was away from the group so I walked over and asked what was up. He started to cry and told me he was a loser. I told him he wasn't a loser and asked why he thought that. He said even his friends told him he was a loser. It was beyond sad. He finished the year with us but I never saw him again and always wondered what happened to him. I think I may have found him. Did you ever play more soccer after that year?

Quote Originally Posted by runtheoption View Post
    This is the main point many have been making for years, and not whether NDSU students take at least 1 online class. 21.3% of UND students are online only, vs. 7% of NDSU students online only. But yet UND somehow historically needs way more dollars allocated for physical infrastructure. The dorm situation up there speaks volumes.

100% of UND sucks.

This is a much more elegant way of saying what I was trying to say.
    OFFICIAL BISONVILLE SPONSOR OF:
    Tatanka™ brand humor. Gary Bettman's incompetence. The process of recommending a task force to recommend a process to be suggested to another task force, and of meetings called to discuss future meetings. The 21.3% of teh university students that, unlike Tatanka, are online-only, and the 15+% that never step foot in North Dakota. And hating Detroit...
    Proud member of TOHBTC and NDSU Team Makers.