Page 72 of 78 FirstFirst ... 22627071727374 ... LastLast

Thread: ND Higher Education just got interesting

North Side is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: ND Higher Education just got interesting

So..... I am guessing NDSU got no money for building projects for the next 2 years?

Quote Originally Posted by North Side View Post
    So..... I am guessing NDSU got no money for building projects for the next 2 years?
    Yes and no. There is a contingent appropriation for replacing Dunbar Hall for $45 million, but it only happens if the general fund revenues exceed the forecast by $200 million at the end of 2016.

533 In a row

Quote Originally Posted by roadwarrior View Post
    Yes and no. There is a contingent appropriation for replacing Dunbar Hall for $45 million, but it only happens if the general fund revenues exceed the forecast by $200 million at the end of 2016.
    Translated: The price of a barrel of oil needs to go and stay over $76? $82?

Quote Originally Posted by WYOBISONMAN View Post
    This crap about waivers really pisses me off. The legislators are a bunch of damn woodchucks that don't understand the battle to get top flight grad students into your institution. I very much wanted my daughter to go to NDSU for grad school; but when UC-Riverside swooped in and offered her a 100% tuition waiver that was 100% research (no TA work), full health, dental and vision and $30,000 per year stipend; NDSU was no longer under consideration. So......I lost my dream of getting one of my kids to go to NDSU and she headed to California to get her PhD. The legislators absolutely do not get the fact that the quality of grad students directly impacts the quality of research coming out of your school.
    This post got stuck in the moderation list... sorry wyo.. not sure why.

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post
    This post got stuck in the moderation list... sorry wyo.. not sure why.

Yo dawg, I heard you had a moderator under moderation.
    OFFICIAL BISONVILLE SPONSOR OF:
    Tatanka™ brand humor. Gary Bettman's incompetence. The process of recommending a task force to recommend a process to be suggested to another task force, and of meetings called to discuss future meetings. The 21.3% of teh university students that, unlike Tatanka, are online-only, and the 15+% that never step foot in North Dakota. And hating Detroit...
    Proud member of TOHBTC and NDSU Team Makers.

Quote Originally Posted by Tatanka View Post

Yo dawg, I heard you had a moderator under moderation.
    my own posts have got put on moderation when i respond to another post that is in the moderation queue. i figure that wyo responded to lake's post right above him but deleted the quote.

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    3000 online students at und with most being grand forks air force base personnel taking a class or 2. How can they be funded at a higher level then NDSU with 99% on campus students?

Oh und rented dorm space out to Northland CC.
    NDSU doesn't have "99% on campus". 59.8% (8,819 out of 14,747) are truly "campus only students" at NDSU. 40.2% of NDSU students take at least one online class.

Sic, you ignorant slut.

No one outside the Youth Board is going to accept an equation of a full-time student in Fargo who takes an online course with a guy in his basement in Arizona who's trying to get his mom off his ass.
    Many thousands are in want of common necessaries; hundreds of thousands are in want of common comforts, sir."
    Scrooge-"Are there no prisons?". "Plenty of prisons..."
    Scrooge-"And the Union workhouses." . "Are they still in operation?". "Both very busy, sir..."
    "Those who are badly off must go there."
    "Many can't go there; and many would rather die."
    Scrooge- "If they would rather die," "they had better do it, and decrease the surplus population."

Trumpster is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by The_Sicatoka View Post
    NDSU doesn't have "99% on campus". 59.8% (8,819 out of 14,747) are truly "campus only students" at NDSU. 40.2% of NDSU students take at least one online class.
    You know if you link something you should really read it. It doesn't say 8,819 "campus only students" anywhere. The only numbers seemingly relative to this say "Students with an On-Campus presence". NDSU is at 92.9% (13708 out of 14,747) see page 16 of your link.

In case people don't want to go to SS linky: http://www.ndus.edu/uploads/reports/...ent-report.pdf
    Hail Hydra.

BYZEN is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by NDB2 View Post
    Sic, you ignorant slut.

No one outside the Youth Board is going to accept an equation of a full-time student in Fargo who takes an online course with a guy in his basement in Arizona who's trying to get his mom off his ass?
    SDSU coach John Stiegelmeier on NDSU intro video: "This is not meant to be North Dakota State's home game."