Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Hallstrom radio show

Default Re: Hallstrom radio show

Quote Originally Posted by Rixen View Post
    Fair enough. In my understanding, however, was that Liekhus was more of a linebacker at this point which leaves us with just Board and Smith on the safety depth chart. Don't get me wrong those two have some promise but it just doesn't feel deep back there.

After this year we lose Dudzik and Heagle and then we are starting two sophomores with NO ONE else being groomed behind them this year. So if Board or Smith don't pan out or stay healthy next year we are forced to start true freshmen or perhaps at that time pull someone out of their current position (Liekhus or a DB). That doesn't concern you?
    Not really with bachmeir.... Another thing is some of our db recruits secondary position is safety

Quote Originally Posted by unbison View Post
    Not really with bachmeir.... Another thing is some of our db recruits secondary position is safety
    True. Dakota Reid and Bachmeier have some pedigree there. I guess we will just have to trust the coaching and recruiting staff. Like many have said, get the talent in the house and worry about positions later.
    Rixen

Quote Originally Posted by Rixen View Post
    Fair enough. In my understanding, however, was that Liekhus was more of a linebacker at this point which leaves us with just Board and Smith on the safety depth chart. Don't get me wrong those two have some promise but it just doesn't feel deep back there.

After this year we lose Dudzik and Heagle and then we are starting two sophomores with NO ONE else being groomed behind them this year. So if Board or Smith don't pan out or stay healthy next year we are forced to start true freshmen or perhaps at that time pull someone out of their current position (Liekhus or a DB). That doesn't concern you?
    I think we need 1 more safety and/or corner no matter what. Board and Smith are really good so its not that concerning but like you said if an injury happens or they flat out are not ready we need some more players. . Seems like we've been able to plug a number of players into the safety spot and not miss a beat whether or not your talking Pike, Ollman, Eaves, Shepherd, or Heagle as a freshman or Dudzik as a sophomore after playing corner as a freshman.

Also we have guys like DeJong and Shayne Miller who could play but at 5-7 durability is an issue. DeJong is interesting after playing in the Tampa 2 at MSU and lead the conference in tackles as a true freshman. Bachmeier has some skills.

The thing I like about Liekus is at linebacker he's got the skills to cover

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Good point on DeJong!! Hope Miller sticks around but wouldn't count on it

Why would we move liekus to a crowded postion at linebacker

Kermit is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by unbison View Post
    Why would we move liekus to a crowded postion at linebacker
    I had the same question. I think the staff felt that his skill set fit better at that position.
    "Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are."
    — John Wooden

Default Re: Hall storm radio show

Quote Originally Posted by roadwarrior View Post
    What's a "hall storm"?
    Thats what happens when kids cause trouble near my class room.
    I don't care how the vote ended up. They still suck and always will.

Official Unofficial President of the Bisonville Zach Vraa Fan Club.
    http://www.bisonville.com/forum/show...zach+vraa+club

Quote Originally Posted by Kermit View Post
    I had the same question. I think the staff felt that his skill set fit better at that position.
    Maybe they moved him there so he could learn how to play the position. A SS who can move into the front 7 is very valuable!! Just look at Heagle

Nice interview John. Got some kinds words from Steve too.
    Keep up the good work, you got me to follow recruiting.