Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 12 games next season?

marenlee is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Cool 12 games next season?

I'm in Bison Hell (south Georgia), so I get slim picking on NDSU news. Has there been talk about adding another game to next season since the NCAA is allowing 12 regular season games for the FCS? The Bison have two bye weeks next season on Sep 14 and Nov 2. Or are they happy with the 11 game schedule next season? I believe it's finalized? I would be surprised if this wasn't already talked about, but I'm new

Default Re: 12 games next season?

I haven't seen this discussion. It's worth a thread. Thanks

If you wore the uniform...you're a champion.

Quote Originally Posted by CaBisonFan View Post
    Jeezus, you're kidding right?
    check neg rep

Warning: It is the offseason. Trollolol may or may not be in full swing. Take a deep breath and eat a trolli burger before reading my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
    I'm tired of seeing the old Belushi clip from Animal House..."over? it's not over..." in the waning seconds of another loss to NDSU.

Quote Originally Posted by CaBisonFan View Post
    Well, there's been a discussion, sort of... now, an intelligent discussion, that might be a different matter.
    OFFICIAL BISONVILLE SPONSOR OF:
    Tatanka™ brand humor. Gary Bettman's incompetence. The process of recommending a task force to recommend a process to be suggested to another task force, and of meetings called to discuss future meetings. The 21.3% of teh university students that, unlike Tatanka, are online-only, and the 15+% that never step foot in North Dakota. And hating Detroit...
    Proud member of TOHBTC and NDSU Team Makers.

Quote Originally Posted by EndZoneQB View Post
    Jeezus, you're kidding right?
    Nope...just haven't been paying that much attention apparently. God...forgive me...for I have committed a bisonville sin...

...not.

Quote Originally Posted by marenlee View Post
    I'm in Bison Hell (south Georgia), so I get slim picking on NDSU news. Has there been talk about adding another game to next season since the NCAA is allowing 12 regular season games for the FCS? The Bison have two bye weeks next season on Sep 14 and Nov 2. Or are they happy with the 11 game schedule next season? I believe it's finalized? I would be surprised if this wasn't already talked about, but I'm new
    NDSU's AD, Gene Taylor, was quoted as saying that he "is actively looking for a 12th game." That's pretty much it other than he said he doesn't want it to be an FBS game.

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post
    NDSU's AD, Gene Taylor, was quoted as saying that he "is actively looking for a 12th game." That's pretty much it other than he said he doesn't want it to be an FBS game.
    Why not? There are plenty of shitty FBS schools we can beat for easy money. I'm sure we could find a sucker fairly easily. I would rather play a bad/mediocre FBS team than have a terrible FCS team come to the dome.

People remember we start the season @K-State, vs Montana State, Bye week, vs Western Carolina, @SDSU, vs UNI.

There is a zero percent chance we'll cram a second FBS in there. Expect our 12th game to be a big fluffy cupcake.
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.

perthbison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by LITTLEGUYSINGREEN View Post
    Why not? There are plenty of shitty FBS schools we can beat for easy money. I'm sure we could find a sucker fairly easily. I would rather play a bad/mediocre FBS team than have a terrible FCS team come to the dome.
    I would agree but I think the goal is to fill the dome for a game. This includes a full tailgating lot with many people from a ways off who oft rent hotels, eat out, shop, sit in saloons and generally liven things up in the metro area. I suppose there is a little TV money added in too. Just a thought.

I'm sincerely glad that K-State will be breaking in a new quarterback. Our biggest challenge since moving to DI...obviously.