Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Looking for 1968 and 1969 Championship Rings!

Default Re: Looking for 1968 and 1969 Championship Rings!

Quote Originally Posted by EndZoneQB View Post
    That very well could be...makes sense to me. I thought it was odd that you would skip picking up your National Championship ring...
    I am just speculating as I have never seen a Championship ring from that time and I know some of the players from that era.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

We got our hands on the 1965 ring. So I presume that 68 and 69 have them. (But I also heard a rumor that they didn't get one during one of the years as well)

- Do any of you have any other ideas for a cool story to run in this issue ?

To answer the other questions:

*The Championship issue will be included if you subscribe.

*Team Makers do get a free subscription. We have not been able to get it out that week early. But I'm working on an extended digital edition for Team Makers with access before anyone gets their hands on a hard copy. (The post office has been killing us, on how long it takes to ship out in bulk - Sioux fans obviously)

Drago, sent you a pm

"Didn't I show you things you've never done before..."
    https://youtu.be/t3JJb9cjGOk

Bisonfan1 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by EndZoneQB View Post
    That very well could be...makes sense to me. I thought it was odd that you would skip picking up your National Championship ring...
    PL played in the " Sausage Bowl " EZQB, time to get up to speed on your Bison Football History. I do have a coffee mug that says National Champions, College Division . Football 1969, found at a rummage sale. Sorry no ring.
    West Lot Champions - 2008 Bison Pride Award/2009 Best Set-Up & Fan Favorite/ 2010 Fan Favorite / 2011 Fan Favorite - TOHBTC

I know there's a tailgating bus out there that has a picture of all the rings on the back of it. I guess I never counted how many were up there, but it seemed to be all of them. I don't know the name of the tailgating group, but it was a nice charter bus. I might guess it is the Thundering Herd bus. On the back it says "It's all about the rings". If you/us can help identify this bus, they may be able to help you find a way to get a picture of the ring you are looking for.
    Unofficial Official President and Charter Member of the Paul Miller "Miller Time" Fan Club

If you leave tailgating hungry and thirsty, you're doing it wrong

I am so sick of the Bison already. Win this, win that, blah, blah, blah. I'd really, really like to know how they do it. I swear they have to be the luckiest sob's on the planet. Just sick of this bs, just fed up.

Custom Graphics did the bus in question, so they would also have the graphic. I can put you in charge with the owner of the bus. PM me if you want that info.

Quote Originally Posted by BisonNation11 View Post
    I know there's a tailgating bus out there that has a picture of all the rings on the back of it. I guess I never counted how many were up there, but it seemed to be all of them. I don't know the name of the tailgating group, but it was a nice charter bus. I might guess it is the Thundering Herd bus. On the back it says "It's all about the rings". If you/us can help identify this bus, they may be able to help you find a way to get a picture of the ring you are looking for.
    That would be this bus.

Quote Originally Posted by Herd Mentality View Post
    Custom Graphics did the bus in question, so they would also have the graphic. I can put you in charge with the owner of the bus. PM me if you want that info.
    Rock

"In wine there is wisdom, in beer there is freedom, in water there is bacteria." --- Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by BlueBisonRock View Post
    That would be this bus.

Thanks BBR! I looked for a photo but couldn't find one! Poor owner is going to have to redo the graphic again! I'm sure they're ok with it!
    Unofficial Official President and Charter Member of the Paul Miller "Miller Time" Fan Club

If you leave tailgating hungry and thirsty, you're doing it wrong

I am so sick of the Bison already. Win this, win that, blah, blah, blah. I'd really, really like to know how they do it. I swear they have to be the luckiest sob's on the planet. Just sick of this bs, just fed up.

Quote Originally Posted by BisonNation11 View Post
    Thanks BBR! I looked for a photo but couldn't find one! Poor owner is going to have to redo the graphic again! I'm sure they're ok with it!
    That's kind of funny, actually!

All I have to do is update an old T-shirt that proclaims 8 nat'l championships and 27 conference titles. The vinyl for the back of the bus can't be cheap.
    It's OK to not be OK.