Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Looking for 1968 and 1969 Championship Rings!

Default Looking for 1968 and 1969 Championship Rings!

This is Drago. We have photos of all the rings, except the 68 and 69 rings for the Championship issue of Bison Illustrated. Does anyone know of anybody who has them in Fargo or close to Fargo? So we can get a photo. We are also in a time crunch.

Also, email me some high resolution photos from your trip to Frisco and we will put them in the magazine.

If photos are too big upload them here: http://www.wedomagazines.com/ad-uploader/

We go to print Thursday the 31st.

Thanks, and remember to keep an eye on the punt!

drago@fmspotlight.com

Default Re: Looking for 1968 and 1969 Championship Rings!

I could be mistaken, but when the Valley News Live morning show did a show at the Dome for GSU, I'm pretty sure NDSU loaned them rings from the 60s. They said they were unclaimed rings, so maybe that's something to look into, if you haven't already.
    check neg rep

Warning: It is the offseason. Trollolol may or may not be in full swing. Take a deep breath and eat a trolli burger before reading my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
    I'm tired of seeing the old Belushi clip from Animal House..."over? it's not over..." in the waning seconds of another loss to NDSU.

Drago, last year BI sold individual vopies of the championship edition thru the mail. Will this be an option agsin this year?
    I don't care how the vote ended up. They still suck and always will.

Official Unofficial President of the Bisonville Zach Vraa Fan Club.
    http://www.bisonville.com/forum/show...zach+vraa+club

Yes, working on the E-commerce online store as we speak.

The issue is turning out awesome!

It's 132 pages right now.

We hosted photo shoots with Gene Taylor, President Bresciani, Brock Jenson, Marcus Williams, Cole Jurik, 4 more players, We also dedicated a two page spread to each 15 games.

We also took photos of each of the 10 national championship trophies and 8 of the rings so far.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBisonIllustrated View Post
    Yes, working on the E-commerce online store as we speak.

The issue is turning out awesome!

It's 132 pages right now.

We hosted photo shoots with Gene Taylor, President Bresciani, Brock Jenson, Marcus Williams, Cole Jurik, 4 more players, We also dedicated a two page spread to each 15 games.

We also took photos of each of the 10 national championship trophies and 8 of the rings so far.
    On second thought...how much is a subscription?

Edit...nevermind. i looked it up. Lazy. Sorry. If i subscribe now will it include that issue?
    I don't care how the vote ended up. They still suck and always will.

Official Unofficial President of the Bisonville Zach Vraa Fan Club.
    http://www.bisonville.com/forum/show...zach+vraa+club

Quote Originally Posted by BisonTeacher View Post
    On second thought...how much is a subscription?

Edit...nevermind. i looked it up. Lazy. Sorry. If i subscribe now will it include that issue?
    Become a Team Maker. You get it for free. And I believe it's delivered like a week before the public gets a hold of it...
    Unofficial Official President and Charter Member of the Paul Miller "Miller Time" Fan Club

If you leave tailgating hungry and thirsty, you're doing it wrong

I am so sick of the Bison already. Win this, win that, blah, blah, blah. I'd really, really like to know how they do it. I swear they have to be the luckiest sob's on the planet. Just sick of this bs, just fed up.

Quote Originally Posted by EndZoneQB View Post
    I could be mistaken, but when the Valley News Live morning show did a show at the Dome for GSU, I'm pretty sure NDSU loaned them rings from the 60s. They said they were unclaimed rings, so maybe that's something to look into, if you haven't already.
    Unclaimed rings?
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    Unclaimed rings?
    My thoughts exactly. It was 6am so I was only half listening so I don't remember everything they said.
    check neg rep

Warning: It is the offseason. Trollolol may or may not be in full swing. Take a deep breath and eat a trolli burger before reading my posts.

I'm tired of seeing the old Belushi clip from Animal House..."over? it's not over..." in the waning seconds of another loss to NDSU.

Quote Originally Posted by EndZoneQB View Post
    My thoughts exactly. It was 6am so I was only half listening so I don't remember everything they said.
    May be the NCAA didnt issue rings back then? So later on NDSU or TM had rings made but not everyone picked theres up considering the years that had passed?
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    May be the NCAA didnt issue rings back then? So later on NDSU or TM had rings made but not everyone picked theres up considering the years that had passed?
    That very well could be...makes sense to me. I thought it was odd that you would skip picking up your National Championship ring...
    check neg rep