View Poll Results: Should NDSU and UND schedule a non-conference football game as soon as possible?

Voters
284. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

75 26.41%
  • No

209 73.59%
Page 1 of 27 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: NDSU UND Football Game Poll

Default NDSU UND Football Game Poll

Should a non-conference football game be scheduled between NDSU and UND as soon as possible?

FYI- this is an anonymous poll, nobody can see how you vote.
    Last edited by Bisonguy; 01-20-2013 at 02:23 PM.
    Team Cinzano Tested. Team Cinzano Approved

Default Re: NDSU UND Football Game Poll

Like don henley sang don't look back, you can never look back

its a motto my boyz breathe it live it forget it pump up da freedom.

32-8 thatz gona be the pats/ravenz score today go capt america

Voted no. I'd love to play them but I just don't feel it's the best thing for the University...win we get pegged as the bully, lose and it looks we sh*t our pants. IMO if there's one organization that's keeping this game from happening it's Forum Communications.

For those people that are crying for a Bison vs cry babies game. They should come and watch a UNI, SDSU or any other conf. game.

Bisonwinagn is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Voted No here's why....There are three Non conference games with one on the road vs FBS, one at home vs bad team, so that leaves one game open. The options are this:
    1) Bad team at home
    2) Home and away vs team from major conference such as Montana, Montana St. Georgia Southern, etc.
    3) UND every year.

The poll really should be these three options. I choose option 1 or 2 although I wouldn't mind including UND in with the teams from option 2. So no I don't want UND on the schedule because we would never see another team from a major conference which I prefer. So Taylor is right when he says there is no room on the schedule.

I voted Yes.

"As soon as possible" means next year and NDSU has an open date next year. In my opinion, UND has reasons for wanting the game too.

Of course, the devil is in the details. I don't see the harm in making a fair offer, say $200,000.

Better yet, have some fun with it: Get Heitkamp in a car with Taylor, drive up to Faison's office with a giant check and a contract, and hand it to Faison live on KFGO/WDAY radio. Just draw up the contract so the guarantee goes down by $10,000 per day that it takes UND to sign because their track record is to delay, delay, delay and then finally decline whereupon the media blames NDSU.

no on asap-right now playing them adds nothing to building and keeping the program the way it is. We obviously don't lose revenue by not playing them, we would every other year if the game is there- hell right now we would sell out if we played Crookston ...and until we feel we may start losing recruits- there is really is no benefit. Yes there is the rivalry and it would be fun to kick their ass... dammit....i change my vote to yes.

Facts is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Voted yes. Even though UND needs this association to be relevant, and the BACK-to-BACK NATIONAL CHAMPS obviously don't, it would be fun to beat them by 50 like our usual patsies. And yes, Und trolls, NDSU would beat UND by 50+.
    Last edited by Facts; 01-21-2013 at 02:13 AM. Reason: Spelling
    Go Bison.

GRAFTONBISON is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I won't vote until it is clarified if it is a one time guarantee game or if it would be a home and home.

Yes. Tired of the Prairie Views even though I know they serve a purpose. Whos to say that UND wouldnt be the new PV?
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."