Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: To Do List

Default Re: To Do List

It seems crazy to me that NDSU has nearly as many wins as a FCS team as they do DII team. This isn't counting the pre-DII days, or course. But still.
    Get your BB tickets now!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Gully View Post
    It seems crazy to me that NDSU has nearly as many wins as a FCS team as they do DII team. This isn't counting the pre-DII days, or course. But still.
    Before D2 (76 seasons): 293 wins, 3.9 wins per season.
    D2 (31 seasons): 267 wins, 8.6 wins per season
    DI: (starting the 20th season): 214 wins, 11.3 wins per season (NDSU could only play a max of 11 games in four of those seasons)

Tony, is there an update to vBulletin that recognizes the newer Youtube short URLs?

When you paste one into the "Insert Video Clip" modal it doesn't recognize it as an embeddable video.

Example: https://youtu.be/u0Wf2RbjSl4?si=6mwx5OdIMqS7mW_L

Quote Originally Posted by TAILG8R View Post
    Tony, is there an update to vBulletin that recognizes the newer Youtube short URLs?

When you paste one into the "Insert Video Clip" modal it doesn't recognize it as an embeddable video.

Example: https://youtu.be/u0Wf2RbjSl4?si=6mwx5OdIMqS7mW_L
    I just noticed when I logged in as moderator that I'm a couple minor versions behind so I'll either tackle that in the football offseason or, possibly, switch to the cloud version which would always be up to date.

The cloud version is a lot cheaper than the dedicated site we've got now, but I've always wondered what would happen in case, you know, the host company went out of business. Plus, it's not as customizable so I'd probably have to decouple the board from the fan guide and I kind of like having most of my Bison info in one place. That said, the Fan Guide is 100% static pages and it would be an interesting exercise to make it a cloud-based application.

Quote Originally Posted by admin View Post
    I just noticed when I logged in as moderator that I'm a couple minor versions behind so I'll either tackle that in the football offseason or, possibly, switch to the cloud version which would always be up to date.

The cloud version is a lot cheaper than the dedicated site we've got now, but I've always wondered what would happen in case, you know, the host company went out of business. Plus, it's not as customizable so I'd probably have to decouple the board from the fan guide and I kind of like having most of my Bison info in one place. That said, the Fan Guide is 100% static pages and it would be an interesting exercise to make it a cloud-based application.
    You could probably get away with hosting the fan guide using the free tier of all of AWS's services.