Page 20 of 34 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast

Thread: Gus Bradley!!! Jacksonville!!

bisonfan08 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Gus Bradley!!! Jacksonville!!

I think he gets at least one more year. You have to look at what he's had to work with, they got rid of MJD and brought in Gerhart who's been terrible, their best offensive player in Blackmon got in trouble yet again and is gone for the season, they are just lacking weapons. Their defense is young but improving, it's hard to blame it on them when the offense was going 3 and out all the time. I think Bortles is the real deal and this team will continue to improve as he develops. The guys play hard for Gus and that's tough to find in the NFL, I think he gets one more draft and offseason in free agency to try to build a better roster and get this team headed in the right direction. He should be able to get a couple wins this season and I think if he can get to at least 6 next year he should be safe.

RedRiver is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

People are yacking on this thread and don't even know what they are talking about. Gus is a head coach, just like 31 others in the NFL. Gus is at disadvantage, as the Jags talent level is one of the lowest in the league. Those in the know however, including other NFL head coaches, identify Gus as capable coach that will be in the league for many years.

stevdock is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by RedRiver View Post
    People are yacking on this thread and don't even know what they are talking about. Gus is a head coach, just like 31 others in the NFL. Gus is at disadvantage, as the Jags talent level is one of the lowest in the league. Those in the know however, including other NFL head coaches, identify Gus as capable coach that will be in the league for many years.
    But in the NFL, it's what have you done for me lately. If he doesn't start to get a couple W's, he won't last for long no matter how hard the players are playing for him or the lack of talent on the roster. Good news for him is the defense is starting to look better over the last couple of weeks and I think Bortles will be a good QB but they've got to give him some talent around him.

Bisonfan1 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Couple good back to back drafts, free agent signings, and look out. Gus knows what he's doing.
    West Lot Champions - 2008 Bison Pride Award/2009 Best Set-Up & Fan Favorite/ 2010 Fan Favorite / 2011 Fan Favorite - TOHBTC

Gus has a few things going for him....

- The ownership/management did not like Mularky. They took a flyer on a coach to turn things around and there were things behind the scenes that they did not like about him fom the beginning. Situations like that are also why coaches only last 1 year in the NFL.
    - The ownership/management really likes Bradley. They like what he stands for and they like what he is doing Monday-Saturday.
    - Everybody in the organization knew the Jaguars were not going to be good this year. Too many holes, too many missing pieces, too much inexperience.

Bortles is going to be a real good QB - he already looks in command and that offense has changed significantly since he has taken over. Their offensive line needs a major revamp. The only thing they had going for them is the WR position, and they are missing their best player lost for the season in Blackmon and Shorts has been injured since camp and is nly now starting to play healthy. I think signing Gerhart was a big mistake but whatever.
    Defense started the season out really bad. After the first half of the first game they gave up something like 150 points over the next 14 quarters. Really bad stretch. I think if the rest of the season is like that he will be in trouble. Last 2 games have been good though and they have been competitive and have had chances to win. The offense is only going to continue to get better. I still think they compete the rest of the year and he will get at least another season.

Bisonfan1 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

The assistant Linebackers Coach and Defensive Coordinator should be swapping positions for the Jags, that would be a good sound move right now. I wont mention names here, but the DC hire was suspect, and nothing personal at all. When you get demoted by your buddy on a previous team, that should tell you something.
    West Lot Champions - 2008 Bison Pride Award/2009 Best Set-Up & Fan Favorite/ 2010 Fan Favorite / 2011 Fan Favorite - TOHBTC

Bill Belichick's teams (Cleveland and New England) only had one winning season in his first 6 NFL seasons.

Quote Originally Posted by stevdock View Post
    But in the NFL, it's what have you done for me lately. If he doesn't start to get a couple W's, he won't last for long no matter how hard the players are playing for him or the lack of talent on the roster. Good news for him is the defense is starting to look better over the last couple of weeks and I think Bortles will be a good QB but they've got to give him some talent around him.
    It's OK to not be OK.

ZHerd is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerhead View Post
    Bill Belichick's teams (Cleveland and New England) only had one winning season in his first 6 NFL seasons.
    Belichick has to be a major exception. I have no data in front of me to support this but it really feels like the NFL has changed since Y2K. There is little continuity and its very hard to build and maintain. You can be horrible one year and a playoff team the next. I don't know if it is just free agency that ruined it but I honestly don't like the NFL anymore at all. I follow the Vikes (my childhood idol) but even really could care less about them. The NFL is garbage. I didn't use to like college ball and now I love it.

Tony Almeida is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonfan1 View Post
    The assistant Linebackers Coach and Defensive Coordinator should be swapping positions for the Jags, that would be a good sound move right now. I wont mention names here, but the DC hire was suspect, and nothing personal at all. When you get demoted by your buddy on a previous team, that should tell you something.

I agree on this...

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Almeida View Post
    [/B]

I agree on this...
    another vote yes on this matter
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.