Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Polasek to Northern Illinois

If he leaves I hope it was on good terms. Wouldn't mind seeing him back here some day.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
    When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time. -Max McGee

“I really thought you had to run the football to control the game,” Erhardt once said. “You had to throw the football to score but had to run the football to win.” - Ron Erhardt

Default Re: Polasek to Northern Illinois

Quote Originally Posted by Grizzled View Post
    With Tanguay on the fence it may have an effect.
    Really?? You are going to state a ridiculous fear monger opinion and pass it off as fact? Please provide a link to somewhere stating Tanguay is on the fence. Some goofball at wissports saying he received a new offer, is not the same as saying he may not commit to NDSU.

Every player could be considered on the fence since none have signed. That goes for every school in the nation

Kujava23 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by BisonNeil View Post
    Polasek is a huge loss. My guess is it will cost us Jacobsen, which would be a huge get for NDSU if he sticks. I can't help but wonder if the complete and utter dress down Bohl did on Polasek, four times, coming back again and again to chew his ass, after the attempted punt block in the Geo Southern game had anything to do with his decision to call it a day.
    Hope not, in the heat of the game, sometimes lose your cool---It just sounds like a promotion for him

Grizzled is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by SamsRams View Post
    Really?? You are going to state a ridiculous fear monger opinion and pass it off as fact? Please provide a link to somewhere stating Tanguay is on the fence. Some goofball at wissports saying he received a new offer, is not the same as saying he may not commit to NDSU.

Every player could be considered on the fence since none have signed. That goes for every school in the nation
    Well, since he does not appear to be a solid verbal, losing the coach who recruited him may have an affect. Its not that big of a reach. I would say the same for all the Wisconsin D-linemen. They are talented and may have have another door open to them.

You do a good job with the recruiting stuff man but your fucking blow ups are hilarious. Yes, I'm going to take both Travis's word for it and both the NDSU coaches words who I have spoken to about it.

Well, since he does not appear to be a solid verbal, losing the coach who recruited him may have an affect. Its not that big of a reach. I would say the same for all the Wisconsin D-linemen. They are talented and may have have another door open to them.

You do a good job with the recruiting stuff man but your fucking blow ups are hilarious. Yes, I'm going to take both Travis's word for it and both the NDSU coaches words who I have spoken to about it.
    This is what I know, because there are a few things on this thread that are very inaccurate. He had been here a long time and needs to get some additional experience to better his resume. This is a positive and he is very close with Bohl. They had a great talk and he isn't chasing his Wisconsin recruits to Northern Illinios who is "full." The Wisconsin kids have confirmed they are Bison today and having "a blast together on campus." Follow Tanguay on Twitter, he is loving it. A couple others come next week. They speech was made that they committed to be a part of NDSU, and Bisonnation, not just one great coach.

I wanted to personally say THANK YOU to Tim. What a great person, an amazing coach, and I hope we can find someone to replace his position with half the passion he had. He once told me a recruiting story about Crockett and i had to pretend I had alergies....powerful. Guy can motivate. Best of luck!!!! He won't be fun to recruit against in Wisconsin in future years, as he dominates that state.

Kenny is the recruiting coordinator this year, so that is a positive. The timing of having the wisconsin kids on campus is actually great. Reconfirming their verbal to NDSU, getting to know the other kids, see the campus, etc.
    Everyone just relax, all right? Believe me, if there's one thing Ron Burgundy knows, it's women.

What Burgundy said.

Good luck to Coach Polasek wherever he is coaching next year.

One more thing, Tanguay is a solid verbal, he is just being courted heavily by the new staff at Directional Michigan. He is a huge target of our class and it is great to hear he is having a good time while here this weekend. NDSU favored by 21 if they played Western Michigan on a neutral field. Classic.
    Everyone just relax, all right? Believe me, if there's one thing Ron Burgundy knows, it's women.

OK since you seem to know. who is a solid verbal?
    We will just go with whatever you say since you claim to know the difference

and stick to your guns. you said he was "on the fence" now you say "may have an affect." let me know which one is fact and which one you are just talking out of your ass.

From the NIUDOGPOUND message board:

"New TE/FB Coach- Tim Polasek

From FootballScoop:
    Northern Illinois: Sources tell us North Dakota State tight ends/fullbacks and special teams coordinator Tim Polasek is headed to Northern Illinois to coach tight ends/fullbacks."

http://csnbbs.com/showthread.php?tid=612813

According to this message board there are 14 verbals, of which one is a grey-shirt and one a prefererred walk-on.

http://csnbbs.com/showthread.php?tid=574548

Just a reminder this is not the official NIU team site.

Grizzled is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by SamsRams View Post
    OK since you seem to know. who is a solid verbal?
    We will just go with whatever you say since you claim to know the difference

and stick to your guns. you said he was "on the fence" now you say "may have an affect." let me know which one is fact and which one you are just talking out of your ass.
    Haha, it "may have an effect" because he got a D1 offer and is thinking about it and than the coach who has spent months recruiting him and developing a great relationship with him leaves for another opportunity. I know your an "insider" when it comes to recruiting but I may have a couple people I talk to as well who knew they had to knock it out of the park this weekend with him on campus. Apparently he has been open with the coaches about some other options. Plus, do you think any coach wants to lose one of their top two recruiters 3 weeks before signing day?