Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 2013 Spring game info

Default Re: 2013 Spring game info

I liked what they did last year. They made it BIGGER with tailgating and TV coverage. We had 5,800 last year, I think we could get 10000 and have both sides full. Do the intro and make it like a game

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Last year you could have the players sign stuff. I will be doing this next time, like a shirt or helmet, maybe both.

Quote Originally Posted by A1pigskin View Post
    Last year you could have the players sign stuff. I will be doing this next time, like a shirt or helmet, maybe both.
    Yeah they signed last year... the line was huge. I wasn't even expecting it.

Honestly I think they would get a larger turnout if they did it a little later in the day (like 3 pm) and charged something... I know it sounds weird that it would draw better if it costs money but I think people perceive something you pay for to be a bigger event. Even if it's just a few bucks or make it FREE with a canned good. We could use the money for something... scholarships, SHAC fund, or heck use it to buy a cool ass Bison statue to put outside the dome!

I also think you need to educate the public... most casual fans don't know what the "spring game" is...

I had a great time tailgating last year. It was surprising pretty full.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

Quote Originally Posted by gabe View Post
    Yeah they signed last year... the line was huge. I wasn't even expecting it.

Honestly I think they would get a larger turnout if they did it a little later in the day (like 3 pm) and charged something... I know it sounds weird that it would draw better if it costs money but I think people perceive something you pay for to be a bigger event. Even if it's just a few bucks or make it FREE with a canned good. We could use the money for something... scholarships, SHAC fund, or heck use it to buy a cool ass Bison statue to put outside the dome!

I also think you need to educate the public... most casual fans don't know what the "spring game" is...

I had a great time tailgating last year. It was surprising pretty full.
    The game itself is REALLY boring. Its nothing more than practice. Its the other stuff that makes it an event.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    The game itself is REALLY boring. Its nothing more than practice. Its the other stuff that makes it an event.
    I agree. That's why they need to run the intro video and do something to add to the atmosphere. It's kind of weird because when I watch, I don't know who I should cheer for! I thought the ring presentation was good. They need to do more with the video boards and make it more entertaining. Maybe add a bit of fan day flavor to it. I mean if the pep rally was full of energy, the spring game can do something better.

GRAFTONBISON is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Gully View Post
    Prolly not, doubt she'd be interested. Hard enough convincing her to come to 1 or 2 games a year.
    Fire wife, save spring game!!

GRAFTONBISON is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by BisonNation11 View Post
    No idea on the date. The night before there's a dinner, where last year they debuted the Road to Frisco DVD. They also opened the locker room sale that night as well I believe. I even want to say that there was the silent auction there too. Game day the locker room sale is open and there are some silent auction items you can bid on. Last year they allowed tailgating before the game. Unless your wives are interested in seeing the championship ring presentation and to see who the future of the Bison will be, I'd leave them home. It's not exactly a fun game to watch since the defense usually dominates, but I think it's fun to see the young kids get out there and show what they've got!
    I didn't know the dance team was performing this year. Nice!!

Gabe better get started on the corner seating if that is the case.

Dom Izzo ‏@DomIzzoWDAY
    One last scheduling note; #NDSU HC Craig Bohl tells me Spring Football slated to start either April 1st or 4th w/Spring Game on April 27th
    Get your BB tickets now!!!

Quote Originally Posted by gabe View Post
    I agree. That's why they need to run the intro video and do something to add to the atmosphere. It's kind of weird because when I watch, I don't know who I should cheer for! I thought the ring presentation was good. They need to do more with the video boards and make it more entertaining. Maybe add a bit of fan day flavor to it. I mean if the pep rally was full of energy, the spring game can do something better.
    Nothing is going to add excitement to the spring game unless they change the format and how the game is played.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

They could do 7 on 7 drills for all I care. I'm there!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
    When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time. -Max McGee

“I really thought you had to run the football to control the game,” Erhardt once said. “You had to throw the football to score but had to run the football to win.” - Ron Erhardt