Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Games you attended and best memories of 2012-13 season.

Default Re: Games you attended and best memories of 2012-13 season.

Made 13 games this year, all but MSU and IlSU. My top 5:

1. Frisco - can't beat watching the team win a title in person.
    2. GSU - the most nervous I've been watching a Bison game, maybe ever, but definitely since the red turf.
    3. SDSU playoff game - the Bunnies were feeling pretty good about themselves coming off their stomping of EIU and their moral victory in the dome a few weeks before only to have their season crushed.
    4. Youngstown - simply a dismantling and the best complete game the Bison played all year.
    5. UNI - loved winning at their place and pissing off their more sensitive fans.

Honorable mention goes to CSU, great 7 hours of tailgating in a beautiful place.

JSUBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I made it up for the PV A&M game. Not much drama in the game but there were a couple plays I liked. Zach Vraa carry a PV defender 20 yards into the endzone was amazing and one of those plays that you knew was going to be on the season highlight reel. Vraa didn't even know the guy was hanging on him I don't think. It was like that infamous clip of Jeff Van Gundy hanging onto Alonzo Mourning's leg during a NBA game a while back.

I think the best moment in that game wasn't a flashy play. Seeing Nate Moody get his first TD catch for the Bison. Nate isn't the fastest or have the stickiest hands on the team, but he busts ass and doesn't quit.

Only made the CSU game, damn weather for SDSU game. I have to agree with the safety at that game. I turned to the CSU fan next to me and said watch this 2 points.

Made it to 12 of the 15 games...all home games, 2 road games, and the Natty. Same as 2011

Quote Originally Posted by missingnumber7 View Post
    Only made the CSU game, damn weather for SDSU game. I have to agree with the safety at that game. I turned to the CSU fan next to me and said watch this 2 points.
    Similar experience for me. I turned to the loud obnoxious CSU college kid behind me and said "This is where we get a safety" and wham, safety. Good stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    Missed Mo state and Ill state. Good times? Too many to mention.
    Same here.....made it to 13 games this season (record for me), and as usual had a great time with Bison Nation, my extended family! Mentally and physically worn out after each game. Saddest moment was losing to Indiana State. Also saddened every game when last bottle of jag ran dry.

Made it to 10. Missed the PV A&M game, and made it to Frisco. Obviously being in Frisco was a highlight. It was great to be able to bring have my uncle whose lived in Houston for the last 30 years up for his first college game. He's been a Texan season ticket holder since they started and has been to a game in most every NFL stadium, but somehow had never been to a college game.

Even though we lost, ISU-b was great to bring my nephew to his first Bison game. He loved every second of it, and is almost always wearing something Bison now. Even when he's not, he's still either in green or gold.

Other than that, just being able to see my friends at each game, having an excuse to drive to Fargo to cheer on the Bison and party like the old days a few times a year is great no matter what, but the fact that the Bison were normally dominating while all that was going on was just icing on the cake.
    Some say it's a backward place. Narrow minds on a narrow way, but I make it a point to say. That that's where I come from.

I made it to one, the USD game. My best memory is going down to the concessions and buying a beer.

Me - "I'll take 2 Mich golden lights"
    Consessionist - "That'll be $10 bucks"
    Me - "A piece. What a f*cking rip off! You guys are a$$holes for gouging us Bison fans like that."
    Consessionist - "No sir, total."
    Me - "Oh. Sorry. Really? Only $5 a piece? My bad."
    Don't matter. FIVE-PEAT!

Being sick as a dog listening to the Georgia Southern game on the radio (first home game missed since returning to ND in 2004).

I had our Frisco tickets ready to post on Stub Hub as Jensen ran in for the winning score.
    Many thousands are in want of common necessaries; hundreds of thousands are in want of common comforts, sir."
    Scrooge-"Are there no prisons?". "Plenty of prisons..."
    Scrooge-"And the Union workhouses." . "Are they still in operation?". "Both very busy, sir..."
    "Those who are badly off must go there."
    "Many can't go there; and many would rather die."
    Scrooge- "If they would rather die," "they had better do it, and decrease the surplus population."

The most intense game I've ever witnessed was this season against Georgia Southern. The our fans were nuts especially in the last quarter. I will never forget looking up from my seat in Sect 17 and seeing two older ladies screaming for all they were worth before a play late in the fourth. Awesome.
    When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time. -Max McGee

“I really thought you had to run the football to control the game,” Erhardt once said. “You had to throw the football to score but had to run the football to win.” - Ron Erhardt