Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: A letter to NDSU Media Relations

Default Re: A letter to NDSU Media Relations

I have a pretty good idea who wrote that response...
    Former NDSU intramural athlete.

Yeah...i guess i expected more of a form response. Very honest and good to know they are not only aware of the issues but trying to address them rather than hiding from them. I wonder how many people watch online now. Is it more or less than live and in person. I wonder if those numbers would increase significantly if they upggraded to better equipment etc and had a better feed.
    Last edited by BisonTeacher; 01-11-2013 at 01:27 AM.
    I don't care how the vote ended up. They still suck and always will.

Official Unofficial President of the Bisonville Zach Vraa Fan Club.
    http://www.bisonville.com/forum/show...zach+vraa+club

Quote Originally Posted by BisonTeacher View Post
    Yeah...i guess i expected more of a form response. Very honest and good to know they are not only aware of the issues but trying to address them rather than hiding from them. I wonder how many people watch online now. Is it more or less than live and in person. I wonder if those numbers would increase significantly if they upggraded to better equipment etc and had a better feed.
    I know I'd take the time to watch more events if the product was better and more reliable. I've watched way too many basketball games where the sound comes through, but the screen freezes (usually on a great play too). It's frustrating and not worth it to me. Hope they get something figured out to improve the Bison brand.
    Unofficial Official President and Charter Member of the Paul Miller "Miller Time" Fan Club

If you leave tailgating hungry and thirsty, you're doing it wrong

I am so sick of the Bison already. Win this, win that, blah, blah, blah. I'd really, really like to know how they do it. I swear they have to be the luckiest sob's on the planet. Just sick of this bs, just fed up.

A response from media relations....

Thank you for the email. We are certainly aware of the issues you outlined. Unfortunately not all cases may be pinned on NeuLion. There have been some unexpected network connectivity issues in the Fargodome, and specifically the hockey show was a result of Midco Sports Network switching the live program feed we were sending to NeuLion. In terms of soccer and softball, we are at a point where those facilities make live streaming very difficult and we have had to abandon some of those events altogether. We are a lot of equipment and staff away from having a perfect solution for all of our sports.

Our contract with NeuLion expires this spring and I am leading an in-depth evaluation of NeuLion and other providers to find the best fit for us in terms of sports information, audio/video streaming, and on-demand content. Part of that process has been looking at content on as many platforms possible – IE, Firefox, Chrome, Android, iOS – including desktop and mobile environments.

One of our major considerations is keeping audio streaming and adding video streaming through our existing NeuLion mobile app, or moving to an HTML streaming model through another provider that is accessible through the native browser on any device. We also have to keep in mind that some of our digital assets accumulated with NeuLion over the past 8+ years may not be available to us if we switch providers.

It is a complex decision considering the numbers of hours we spend creating content. Most importantly, we will choose a provider that is easy to use – both for NDSU and our fans – and one that gives us a great mobile experience in addition to the main website.
    I would have never thought NeuLion would own some of the content from NDSU. I assumed NeuLion was just the vehicle to get the video streamed and they didn't take ownership of it. What the hell do I know though.
    Rule #76: No excuses, play like a champion!

Quote Originally Posted by EPBison View Post
    I would have never thought NeuLion would own some of the content from NDSU. I assumed NeuLion was just the vehicle to get the video streamed and they didn't take ownership of it. What the hell do I know though.
    I don't know if he means the hardware required to play the content or the content itself. Doesn't make sense that anyone outside of ndsu and the NCAA can own the content but who knows

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

From NDSU Bison facebook:

"Some exciting news that will change the way you experience NDSU Athletics..."
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post
    From NDSU Bison facebook:

"Some exciting news that will change the way you experience NDSU Athletics..."
    Sure the hell hope it includes and upgrade in all access streaming!

Quote Originally Posted by BisonBohl View Post
    Funny...I just got my autorenewal email from Neulion.....
    I don't care how the vote ended up. They still suck and always will.

Official Unofficial President of the Bisonville Zach Vraa Fan Club.
    http://www.bisonville.com/forum/show...zach+vraa+club

Funny...I just got my autorenewal email from Neulion.....
    Well shoot, it was fun thought while it lasted...

Quote Originally Posted by BisonBohl View Post
    Support for Android devices. Neulion has recently announced agreements with the PAC-12 and Ivy League among others for the upgraded service. Most of the press releases and news articles seem to point to a June or July revamp, so I don't know of any current websites where we could go to get a sneak peek.