Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: KenPom, Sagarin and ESPN BPI Ratings

Default Re: KenPom, Sagarin and ESPN BPI Ratings

Even after the loss our RPI is 53....SDSU is at 60.
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.

North Side is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Do you think these will help the Summit Leagues seeding? Maybe a 12 or 13 seed rather than the more common 14.

I'd say a 12 seed is possible for NDSU or SDSU but the margin for error is very slim. WIU's schedule is way too soft to get there though, they'd have to run the table.

Hansel is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Hansel View Post
    Really good year to be a road team, outside of Tennessee State I'd love a game with any of the top 100 RPI teams.

Quote Originally Posted by bisonfan08 View Post
    Well a big W on the road in conference without our leading scorer apparently is weighted rather heavily in the Kenpom and Sagarin ratings as we saw a nice jump in those ratings. Tomorrow nights game is the last one before the selection for Bracketbusters, a W to put us 2 games ahead in the Summit and to be at 17-3 SHOULD get us a televised game and a solid opponent. Really hoping for a W tomorrow.

KenPom: 30 (51)
    Sagarin: 46 (56)
    BPI: 57 (59)
    ESPN RPI: 63 (62)
    bracketbuster selection show has been moved to February 4th FYI

Our NCAA RPI actually went from 54 last week to 53 this week....our non-conference opponents must have had a pretty good week. SDSU went from 81 to 61.

http://www.ncaa.com/rankings/basketb...basketball_rpi

The Summit Conference RPI is up to #16....

http://realtimerpi.com/rpi_conf_Men.html

bisonfan08 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

The loss no doubt hurt us a little, but WIU's strong record even against a weak schedule didn't hurt as bad as it could have. I'm not sure about the Kenpom and Sagarin, but the BPI takes into account our missing TB so that's why the loss didn't hurt us much in that ranking. Our RPI is getting a boost thanks to the teams we've played in Minnesota and Indiana continuing to play strong boosting our SOS. Could really use a W this week against SDSU, but on the road without TB it will be very very tough no doubt. Nice part is with the Bracketbuster selection show getting moved back to February 4th, we can get a couple of wins at home against UMKC and USD before the selections are made. I'm a little concerned if we lose at SDSU this week combined with the loss at WIU that we may cost ourselves a shot at a televised game especially since Braun will likely still be out, top players injured is bad for TV. I still think we are easily one of the top 26 teams in the Bracketbuster field so hopeful we still make the cut, but a huge W this Saturday should lock it up. Hope the boys come out PO'd about the loss and roll the Jacks.

KenPom: 38 (30)
    Sagarin: 54 (46)
    BPI: 59 (57)
    ESPN RPI: 60 (63)

Sagarin would not account for the loss of a player unless he's doing something completely different for basketball than he does for football.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie