Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: KenPom, Sagarin and ESPN BPI Ratings

bisonfan08 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default KenPom, Sagarin and ESPN BPI Ratings

With the Bracketbuster selection around and our team representing so very well in all these ratings I thought it might be fun to track where we go the rest of the season in these ratings. It's simply amazing how high we are in the Sagarin and KenPom ratings right now, ahead of some very good programs including some teams in the top 25.

KenPom:
    NDSU: 37
    WIU: 139
    SDSU: 141

http://kenpom.com/

Sagarin:
    NDSU: 47
    WIU: 131
    SDSU: 151

http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/sport...in/bkt1213.htm

BPI:
    NDSU: 73
    WIU: 111
    SDSU: 182

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-bask...index-rankings

DePereBisonFan is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: KenPom, Sagarin and ESPN BPI Ratings

I don't understand how we can be so high. Is it because we lost to two Big 10 teams? SDSU beat New Mexico and they are that much lower than we are?

I'm happy, but confused.

Quote Originally Posted by DePereBisonFan View Post
    I don't understand how we can be so high. Is it because we lost to two Big 10 teams? SDSU beat New Mexico and they are that much lower than we are?

I'm happy, but confused.
    It basically comes down to efficiency, our defense is playing ridiculous right now and our offense is 25th in the nation in FG%. At least this is from the best way I can understand it anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by bisonfan08 View Post
    It basically comes down to efficiency, our defense is playing ridiculous right now and our offense is 25th in the nation in FG%. At least this is from the best way I can understand it anyway.
    Our offense sucks. We don't set enough screens. At least that is what I read on bisonville.
    Everyone just relax, all right? Believe me, if there's one thing Ron Burgundy knows, it's women.

Quote Originally Posted by DePereBisonFan View Post

I'm happy, but confused.
    NDSU: 3 losses
    SDSU: 6 losses

SDSU lost to a team we beat by 26. SDSU beat a team we beat by 20 on a buzzer beater. SDSU lost to a 4-11 HOfstra team and they lost by 27 to Belmont. Two of our three losses were to top 10 teams in the country. SDSU should be ranked much lower than us, seems pretty obvious to me.

That and two of our three losses came on the road against teams which nobody would be surprised to see reach the elite 8 or beyond. So, in essence, those two losses came in games which literally any other team in the nation would expect to win.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Burgundy View Post
    Our offense sucks. We don't set enough screens. At least that is what I read on bisonville.
    You have to admit there is some truth to this?
    When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time. -Max McGee

“I really thought you had to run the football to control the game,” Erhardt once said. “You had to throw the football to score but had to run the football to win.” - Ron Erhardt

Win a game, fall in the rankings. Unfortunately I think this will be how the rest of our season will go. We did move up in BPI though. Previous ranking in ()

KenPom: 45 (37)
    Sagarin: 52 (47)
    BPI: 59 (73)
    RPI: 60 (52)

Not sure where you got your RPI from but it should be 49 per CBS and warrennolan
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUstudent View Post
    Not sure where you got your RPI from but it should be 49 per CBS and warrennolan
    ESPN's Daily RPI is what I've been looking at. (Since it's ESPNU Bracektbusters that I started this for, figured that's the one I'd use)