Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: FCS Playoffs vs Bowl Games TV Ratings

Default Re: FCS Playoffs vs Bowl Games TV Ratings

Semifinal ratings -- NDSU vs. Georgia Southern = 3x SHSU at EWU.
    It's OK to not be OK.

Quote Originally Posted by gabe View Post
    Imagine if espn actually ran promos and promoted the games
    They did on the Thursday night bowl game, had the Rose Bowl graphic though...

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerhead View Post
    Semifinal ratings -- NDSU vs. Georgia Southern = 3x SHSU at EWU.
    LOL...the DIII championship had higher ratings than the SHSU EWU Game.
    I don't care how the vote ended up. They still suck and always will.

Official Unofficial President of the Bisonville Zach Vraa Fan Club.
    http://www.bisonville.com/forum/show...zach+vraa+club

Quote Originally Posted by Trumpster View Post
    Exactally, yesterday one of my coworkers comes up to me, says he couldn't find the game anywhere and he wanted to watch it because I'd be there and he likes football. He knew it was supposed to be on at noon because I told him before I left, we didn't know that it would actually be on 12:17.
    if your coworker has watched a bball game on ESPN, he would know most games go beyond the 2 hr limit that ESPN allots... so if he cant read a basketball gameclock..well there's nothing the world can do to help him with his problems.

Quote Originally Posted by CaBisonFan View Post
    Casual football fan sees the FCS Championship game on the menu...tunes in...sees a boring basketball game...gone.

You're so smart.
    ok so a casual fan can't read how much time is left in overtime or see the game is running longer?

Obviously they dont wanna watch the game that much if they can't wait 5 minutes or remember to come back when the game is closer to being done.

What the fuck is a causal fan anyways? are there only 1.1 million casual fans in this country? or just 1.1 million that happened to be flipping through the stations and stumbled upon an FCS championship game? A lot of people here just dont want to accept the fact that FCS compared to FBS gets 0 hype, 0 pub, 0 advertisement..and Im sure ESPN would rather have a basketball game going in the ESPN 2 time slot over NDSU/SH

You're so smart

Trumpster is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by MNLonghorn10 View Post
    if your coworker has watched a bball game on ESPN, he would know most games go beyond the 2 hr limit that ESPN allots... so if he cant read a basketball gameclock..well there's nothing the world can do to help him with his problems.
    It is likely that he forgot what channel it was on, went through all the ESPNs, and when it wasn't on he gave up. I would say that's pretty normal reaction for a casual fan.
    Hail Hydra.

Quote Originally Posted by spelunker64 View Post
    They did on the Thursday night bowl game, had the Rose Bowl graphic though...
    So they gave us 1 half promo?

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by Trumpster View Post
    It is likely that he forgot what channel it was on, went through all the ESPNs, and when it wasn't on he gave up. I would say that's pretty normal reaction for a casual fan.
    He can't read "D1 Football championship" on the guide? then see that rutgers pitt has obviously spilled into the timeslot, so he changes the channel and forgets/gives up?

I'd say its more of a reflection on your coworkers intelligence than what any average joe from Colorado who was going to tune in..

Quote Originally Posted by gabe View Post
    So they gave us 1 half promo?
    Yeah they were coming off break and blurped it quick with the wrong graphic, changed it for a good .837sec of viewership. Probably got us that last 0.1 million viewers

Quote Originally Posted by MNLonghorn10 View Post
    ok so a casual fan can't read how much time is left in overtime or see the game is running longer?

Obviously they dont wanna watch the game that much if they can't wait 5 minutes or remember to come back when the game is closer to being done.

What the fuck is a causal fan anyways? are there only 1.1 million casual fans in this country? or just 1.1 million that happened to be flipping through the stations and stumbled upon an FCS championship game? A lot of people here just dont want to accept the fact that FCS compared to FBS gets 0 hype, 0 pub, 0 advertisement..and Im sure ESPN would rather have a basketball game going in the ESPN 2 time slot over NDSU/SH

You're so smart
    A casual fan is a football fanatic who doesn't have a connection to the teams playing...but might watch if the game is interesting. The casual fan won't wait around for a boring basketball game to finish. He/she won't bother to check back if something else pops up while surfing.

Because there was a boring game playing when our game started...the viewer numbers were skewed negatively.

If you wore the uniform...you're a champion.