Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: FCS Playoffs vs Bowl Games TV Ratings

Default FCS Playoffs vs Bowl Games TV Ratings

A GSU fan posted this on AGS and I thought it would be of interest to many here as well. It's more of an indictment of ESPN's piss poor promotion of the FCS playoffs than anything if you ask me. But the FCS title game did stack up favorably against some of the other crap bowls they relegated to ESPN2.

Lol. Oh well. I had fun.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk 2

Default Re: FCS Playoffs vs Bowl Games TV Ratings

Man...If I see the Fight Hunger Bowl getting a replay......
    I don't care how the vote ended up. They still suck and always will.

Official Unofficial President of the Bisonville Zach Vraa Fan Club.
    http://www.bisonville.com/forum/show...zach+vraa+club

Quote Originally Posted by MNLonghorn10 View Post
    Lol. Oh well. I had fun.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk 2
    This..

I really don't know what the solution is or why we need to worry about it. The stadium sold out and there are Bison flags hanging in bars in Frisco/Plano. I think ESPN does a shit job but I'm not sure who can do better.

Don't care. Back 2 Back.

SafeTeeJ is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I think the demographics of where the teams are from and what day of the week they are on play more in viewer ship than how good a game (product) is presented.
    Do you want to play the FCS championship game on the weeknight? If you have no ties to NDSU, SHSU or FCS football are you going to watch the game on mid day Saturday? I'm sure there are millions of guys beaten down with Honeydo's and too buried to catch the game when it was on.

I was at the game, and I had a blast all weekend! I don't know if more advertising on ESPN's part would have attracted more viewers.

Quote Originally Posted by MNLonghorn10 View Post
    Lol. Oh well. I had fun.
    Not really good for comparison purposes since whatever is on ESPN will automatically get double the ratings of anything on ESPN2.

ESPN2 Only:

Mississippi State v Northwestern on New Years Day: 2.2 million viewers
    NDSU v SHSU (Saturday): 1.1 million
    Arizona State v Navy (Saturday): 1 million
    NDSU v Georgia Southern (Friday): 974k
    SHSU v Montana State (Friday): 783k
    D2 National Championship (Saturday): 424k

But I'm with MNLongHorn - I don't follow NDSU because of what people in New Jersey or California watch on TV.

So someone tunes in to check out the FCS championship...and there's Pitt playing a boring BB game. Gone

If you wore the uniform...you're a champion.

IndyBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I think the relevance of this data is a bean counter at ESPN is going to look at this and not be in a huge rush to find more ways to get the game re-broadcast. That doesn't explain the D3 game getting rebroadcast either but there must have been extenuating circumstances (i.e. more holes to fill after the D3 game than the FCS game, different contract obligations). More advertising/promotion may help. I would love to see it rebroadcast or promoted more but the cost-benefit for ESPN probably isn't there. Just be thankful we are worried about this. We could be Indiana State or UND. They've long forgotten the football season.

Quote Originally Posted by IndyBison View Post
    I think the relevance of this data is a bean counter at ESPN is going to look at this and not be in a huge rush to find more ways to get the game re-broadcast. That doesn't explain the D3 game getting rebroadcast either but there must have been extenuating circumstances (i.e. more holes to fill after the D3 game than the FCS game, different contract obligations). More advertising/promotion may help. I would love to see it rebroadcast or promoted more but the cost-benefit for ESPN probably isn't there. Just be thankful we are worried about this. We could be Indiana State or UND. They've long forgotten the football season.
    The numbers were pretty clear before now. An effort to get it replayed is worth a few emails.

If you wore the uniform...you're a champion.