Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: ESPN2 Coverage

Default Re: ESPN2 Coverage

ESPN to sports is what MTV is to music.

Gotta say this: The portion of the game did make it the DVR featured great camera work and was just beautiful. I didn't have a problem with the announcers either.

GradBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post
    Gotta say this: The portion of the game did make it the DVR featured great camera work and was just beautiful. I didn't have a problem with the announcers either.
    Agreed on camera work and overall quality. On the bold: you're a very tolerant man Tony.

I agree, thought they did a very nice job. Would really like to see that flyover on TV though. A little birdy told me that the B52 came from the Minot AFB. I live in the area and get to watch those same B52's circling almost every day.

Quote Originally Posted by Putz View Post
    A little birdy told me that the B52 came from the Minot AFB. I live in the area and get to watch those same B52's circling almost every day.
    Quite possible there are only 2 bases that have them and Minot AFB is one of them. Not sure where the other one is?? If it is a closer base I would say it probably came from that one (defense spending cuts and all... ), although those beasts have a long range on them to fly long distances.

Quote Originally Posted by HandoEX View Post
    They don't sell full game DVDs. The season in review won't have it either.
    come on someone needs to sell all full games! first time ever all games were broadcast? second championship run? bison nation as hungry as ever ? ILL PAY WHATEVER SOMEONE PLEASE MAKE IT HAPPEN!!

True dat bro

The B52 was indeed from Minot's Global Strike Wing. They brought some of the maintainers for the Aircraft down onto the field during a timeout I think.

Nexus 7

Quote Originally Posted by 1998braves64 View Post
    Quite possible there are only 2 bases that have them and Minot AFB is one of them. Not sure where the other one is?? If it is a closer base I would say it probably came from that one (defense spending cuts and all... ), although those beasts have a long range on them to fly long distances.
    The other B-52 base is in Barksdale, La and indeed is much closer to Frisco. I have talked with airmen before who have said that part of their training on a regular basis is to fly from Minot down to Barksdale and back. So it wouldn't surprise me if this was part of a scheduled training mission. I just thought having a ND based plane in the flyover was a nice touch.

Quote Originally Posted by Putz View Post
    The other B-52 base is in Barksdale, La and indeed is much closer to Frisco. I have talked with airmen before who have said that part of their training on a regular basis is to fly from Minot down to Barksdale and back. So it wouldn't surprise me if this was part of a scheduled training mission. I just thought having a ND based plane in the flyover was a nice touch.
    It was on one of those training missions that 1 or more armed nukes were transported some time ago causing a lot of after the fact hand wringing.