Page 40 of 40 FirstFirst ... 30383940

Thread: 2013 season tickets

Default Re: 2013 season tickets

Quote Originally Posted by bri-dog View Post
    Yes, I'd imagine they're behind a little with the late scheduling. And it is not as quick and easy as you might think. My small firm (just two of us) doesn't print tickets, but if we did the process would go something like this:

1) Design. We'd design the tickets -- not sure if they're plain like in the past or if they've improved them.

2) Approval. We'd send a "proof" back to the marketing department or whatever -- they would check them over to make sure they like the design, there are no typos, etc. Several people would probably have to look at them, so it may take a day or two. If they make changes, add more time to re-do them and have them approve the changes.

3) Sent to printing dept or outsourced printer. They would print out an actual hard copy proof and we'd go look at it to make sure print quality, etc. is okay.

4) Printing. This can take awhile to set up -- remember, there are 12,500(?) tickets x 6 games with every ticket being different with differing Section, Row, and Seat Numbers.

5) Cutting/Perforation. Not sure if they come in sheets, or just as individual tix, but they have to be either cut or perforated.

6) Sorting/Mailing. This has got to take a few days.

As I said, since we don't print tickets, it may be slightly different that the above. But it's gonna take awhile.
    Last year they went away from the plain looking generic tickets to ones with high quality glossy pictures on each ticket that are on a sheet. They were very nice looking and very high quality.

Quote Originally Posted by bri-dog View Post
    Yes, I'd imagine they're behind a little with the late scheduling. And it is not as quick and easy as you might think. My small firm (just two of us) doesn't print tickets, but if we did the process would go something like this:

1) Design. We'd design the tickets -- not sure if they're plain like in the past or if they've improved them.

2) Approval. We'd send a "proof" back to the marketing department or whatever -- they would check them over to make sure they like the design, there are no typos, etc. Several people would probably have to look at them, so it may take a day or two. If they make changes, add more time to re-do them and have them approve the changes.

3) Sent to printing dept or outsourced printer. They would print out an actual hard copy proof and we'd go look at it to make sure print quality, etc. is okay.

4) Printing. This can take awhile to set up -- remember, there are 12,500(?) tickets x 6 games with every ticket being different with differing Section, Row, and Seat Numbers.

5) Cutting/Perforation. Not sure if they come in sheets, or just as individual tix, but they have to be either cut or perforated.

6) Sorting/Mailing. This has got to take a few days.

As I said, since we don't print tickets, it may be slightly different that the above. But it's gonna take awhile.
    How about the planning session at Hooters type restaurant & then the proofing session (after sobering up) to fix the silly plans made at the Hooters type restaurant? I can't believe you would not include the most critical step.

Notorious--Bisonville all-time POTY
    Proud member of TOHBTC[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by TransAmBison View Post
    How about the planning session at Hooters type restaurant & then the proofing session (after sobering up) to fix the silly plans made at the Hooters type restaurant? I can't believe you would not include the most critical step.
    Nope, we do our most critical work in the morning, then go to lunch...
    Here's to alcohol, the cause of—and solution to—all life's problems. (Homer Simpson)

Quote Originally Posted by TransAmBison View Post
    Pretty sure he's too busy with work meetings at Twin Peaks and can't make the planning session at Hooters. Maybe if you people had a little patience Bri-Dog would have these things printed already. I heard he's done for the week as of 2 minutes ago so don't expect anything to get done until Monday.
    North Dakota State, a football team the big boys of college football should avoid like the plague, helped christen a $90 million renovation to Snyder Family Stadium — including a statue of famed Kansas State coach Bill Snyder himself — by taking a sledgehammer to the place.
    Bob Lutz, The Wichita Eagle, August 30th, 2013

Quote Originally Posted by KSBisonFan View Post
    Pretty sure he's too busy with work meetings at Twin Peaks and can't make the planning session at Hooters. Maybe if you people had a little patience Bri-Dog would have these things printed already. I heard he's done for the week as of 2 minutes ago so don't expect anything to get done until Monday.
    Not gonna get anything done on Monday. Or the Monday after that. I'll be back in ND.
    Here's to alcohol, the cause of—and solution to—all life's problems. (Homer Simpson)