Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: BCS Championship

Default Re: BCS Championship

Quote Originally Posted by IndyBison View Post
    Would you like the idea of a full bowl season (fewer bowls than they have today so they have a little more meaning) and no concept of a national championship?

I could live with that. I enjoy all the bowl games and everything around them. Using them to help decide a national championship if flawed. I also have no issue with an expanded playoff system but I think the bowls will have to go at that point.
    Yes, that's what I'm saying. The only impact on the "championship" would be the outcome would be considered by the voters in the polls. In other words, go back to the way it used to be.
    Get your BB tickets now!!!

Quote Originally Posted by 344Johnson View Post
    Can't argue Notre Dame didn't earn being there either. Oregon? The two best teams on their schedule, Stanford and USC, were also on Notre Dame's schedule. Notre Dame beat them. Oregon went 1-1.

Kansas State? Their marquee win was against Oklahoma. Notre Dame also beat Oklahoma. Kansas State lost a game badly. Notre Dame was undefeated.

Georgia/Bama Rematch? Tough to let a team who gets absolutely mauled by South Carolina...and had two losses play in the title game.

Florida? I could see that being ok based on their season's body of work. In retrospect they got beat by Louisville.

The way I see it, there was only one matchup that made sense. Notre Dame vs. Alabama. Even if the Irish got thumped badly.
    Sorry I didn't make that clear. Yeah Notre Dame deserved it under the system. No question. But I still say the system sucks. Final 4 will be better, 8 would be even better, 16 would be awesome (and I have heard the arguments about how that will never work)

BRING BACK SNORTY

Quote Originally Posted by EndZoneQB View Post
    Or that the best teams didn't have a chance to make it there(NDSU v GSU anyone??).
    Very true but that's the breaks.

BRING BACK SNORTY

Quote Originally Posted by onbison09 View Post
    Sorry I didn't make that clear. Yeah Notre Dame deserved it under the system. No question. But I still say the system sucks. Final 4 will be better, 8 would be even better, 16 would be awesome (and I have heard the arguments about how that will never work)
    Buttstudentathleteacademics.

Give them a buy during finals week(the one most of us use), play before and after.
    Stu Whitney@stuwhitney4mSurprised Harvard missed out. MT @AllHailTank: Well I guess I got watt I wonted I will take my talents and higher my education at UND.
    LAKESBISON 3/4/2006-4/15/2011 Forever in our hearts

Former representative of 3rd Floor Johnson
    Current representative of 12 St. N Fargo

Quote Originally Posted by 344Johnson View Post
    Buttstudentathleteacademics.

Give them a buy during finals week(the one most of us use), play before and after.
    Why can FCS players play a game the Saturday of finals week but not FBS?

BRING BACK SNORTY

How come FCS players' bodies can handle 4 extra weeks of games and FBS players' can't? I thought they were better athletes?
    Unofficial Official President and Charter Member of the Paul Miller "Miller Time" Fan Club

If you leave tailgating hungry and thirsty, you're doing it wrong

I am so sick of the Bison already. Win this, win that, blah, blah, blah. I'd really, really like to know how they do it. I swear they have to be the luckiest sob's on the planet. Just sick of this bs, just fed up.

Quote Originally Posted by Gully View Post
    Yes, that's what I'm saying. The only impact on the "championship" would be the outcome would be considered by the voters in the polls. In other words, go back to the way it used to be.
    We can't go back to the way it used to be. The old conference alignments are are F'd up. The beauty of the Traditional Bowl system was the conference matchups. We can't rebuild that.