Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Favorite quotes / lines from National Championship weekend

Default Re: Favorite quotes / lines from National Championship weekend

Quote Originally Posted by Tatanka View Post
    My son on the SHSU mascot who was trying to pump up their crowd when their team was on offense: What the heck is that fool doing? They're on offense. Someone should get him a big box of DUH.
    "Box of Duh" is officially added to my repertoire. Thank your son for me.
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery

My favorite saying was really more a discussion...so there I am walking amindst the sea of green and gold when my neighbor says, hey you have to come meet these guys. So I walk over to meet a copy of former players who wanted to meet me. We made small talk about Bison lore, had deep discussions about the drive down when one of the former players who is a Bisonville member says to me..."why did you name yourself what you did on Bisonville?" I thought about it for awhile and said..."I dunno". He said: "I can see a handle of JeffBentrimsneighbor, but TateMosersneighbor?...I mean what the hell?". We laughed, carried on and whatnot and then departed ways.

Glad to meet you guys Tom and Marty.

stevdock is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

My favorite that I read somewhere was "How does a UNI grad win a National Championship?? Transfer to NDSU for grad work."

A gem from my daughter. After a SHSU defensive series near the end of the first half, one of the SHSU d-linemen was hunched over the bench, looking tired and like he needed to catch his breath. My daughter says "someone better get him to the locker room, I think he just loaded his diaper". My son had the giggles for about 5 minutes after that one.
    OFFICIAL BISONVILLE SPONSOR OF:
    Tatanka™ brand humor. Gary Bettman's incompetence. The process of recommending a task force to recommend a process to be suggested to another task force, and of meetings called to discuss future meetings. The 21.3% of teh university students that, unlike Tatanka, are online-only, and the 15+% that never step foot in North Dakota. And hating Detroit...
    Proud member of TOHBTC and NDSU Team Makers.

"I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass... and I'm all out of bubblegum." - Brock Jensen during pre-game warm ups.

"Go ahead make my day." - Coach Bohl to Coach Fritz also during pre game.
    Don't matter. FIVE-PEAT!

Quote Originally Posted by stevdock View Post
    My favorite that I read somewhere was "How does a UNI grad win a National Championship?? Transfer to NDSU for grad work."
    I was thinking after the game, finally a Panther won a NC!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by runtheoption View Post
    Our group of 9 stopped at a gas station in Nebraska or Kansas, probably around midnight Thursday night / Friday morning. Gas station employee dude, who looked a little rough around the edges and was missing a few teeth, asked one of our group "Where ya'll headed?"

The reply was, "Texas." Employee dude, in his gravelly kinda southern accent voice, exhaustedly says "Everybody goin' Texas." Guess he was sick of seeing Bison fans.
    Rough? He looked like he was a meth head. I will add this all occurred while his coworker was smoking in the bathroom.
    I don't care how the vote ended up. They still suck and always will.

Official Unofficial President of the Bisonville Zach Vraa Fan Club.
    http://www.bisonville.com/forum/show...zach+vraa+club

Here are my faves in no particular order...

From an EXTREMELY FAMOUS former punter for NDSU
    - he liked to pronounce Wichita...WIT-TAW!!! We heard this many times on our trip.
    - On the way home he told me a line from the Rocky era or earlier..."you have to earn the word "great""

From said punters neighbor.
    - ON trying to get our group organized or ready to go places..."Its like herding cats!"

From Bisonnation11
    - "Fire (insert noun) save season!" about every 5 minutes. Sorry Nation...had to give you some crap! It was great meeting you and Gully and I still owe you big time.

From a few girls...
    - "Do you remember me?" This happened to me at the pep fest, but also to Gully at the game in front of a bunch of people and everyone heard it. It was pretty funny. My response was...If I had a dollar for every time he's heard that!

AND LASTLY...

There was an older Bison fan sitting behind us. I would say he was about 60. Very fun guy. Cheering, standing. Anyway...I was in defcon Red mode a few times during that game. I can't remember exactly when he said it, but I think it was right after we were flagged for the pass interference penalty that negated the interception, and I was really starting to melt down. He said..."You know...There's a saying that sometimes I say when things are looking really bad and it lifts my spirits, and makes things better." we were all like...yeah? What is it? He yelled out "Sioux Suck!!!" I instantly got fired up again, so I yelled it too. Right after he said it...we made a big play and things turned around. I think it was a sack? Someone help my memory. Anyways...this was no lie. Very cool. Still on cloud 9 about the weekend.
    I don't care how the vote ended up. They still suck and always will.

Official Unofficial President of the Bisonville Zach Vraa Fan Club.
    http://www.bisonville.com/forum/show...zach+vraa+club

Quote Originally Posted by BisonTeacher View Post
    Rough? He looked like he was a meth head. I will add this all occurred while his coworker was smoking in the bathroom.
    Sorry I was in the bathroom smoking when y'all came through.

Favorite quote I heard was in the stands as the Bearkat mascot and cheerleaders were being harrassed in front of us.....we were discussing what the hell a bearkat is and a guy in front of me said, "It's like a mink only not worth as much." I don't think SHSU fans have any appreciation for fur trader/pelt humor and whatnot.
    North Dakota State, a football team the big boys of college football should avoid like the plague, helped christen a $90 million renovation to Snyder Family Stadium — including a statue of famed Kansas State coach Bill Snyder himself — by taking a sledgehammer to the place.
    Bob Lutz, The Wichita Eagle, August 30th, 2013

Quote Originally Posted by SamsRams View Post
    Asked my buddy who works for NASAand drove up to watch the game with us if he knew any shsu people from work. he said in a very serious tone "if they went to shsu, they dont work for NASA"
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."