Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Hannah Linz

Default Hannah Linz

Hannah Linz’s NDSU Career Comes to a Close
    Courtesy: NDSU Athletic Media Relations
    Release: January 03, 2013 North Dakota State head women's basketball coach Carolyn DeHoff announced today that the career of senior guard Hannah Linz has come to a close. Linz has experienced a recurrence of Hodgkin's lymphoma, and will begin treatment for the cancer soon.

Linz was originally diagnosed with Hodgkin's lymphoma on April 8, 2010, following her freshman season with the Bison.

"We have witnessed firsthand Hannah's fight to beat it the first time and see this setback as nothing different in her approach to win the battle with cancer this time," said DeHoff. "We ask that you keep her in your thoughts and prayers and respect Hannah's privacy at this time."

Linz (Watkins, Minn.) played in 100 games for the Bison since the start of the 2009-10 season, averaging 6.5 points per game. She was the only NDSU player to start all 31 games last season, finishing the year ranked 12th nationally in three-point accuracy at 39.9 percent. Linz is No. 2 all-time at NDSU in three-pointers made with 156 in her career. She is a three-time selection to the Summit League All-Academic Team.

Linz plans to complete her education at NDSU and graduate with a degree in nursing.

GRAFTONBISON is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Hannah Linz

Quote Originally Posted by Elephants Dream? View Post
    Hannah Linz’s NDSU Career Comes to a Close
    Courtesy: NDSU Athletic Media Relations
    Release: January 03, 2013 North Dakota State head women's basketball coach Carolyn DeHoff announced today that the career of senior guard Hannah Linz has come to a close. Linz has experienced a recurrence of Hodgkin's lymphoma, and will begin treatment for the cancer soon.

Linz was originally diagnosed with Hodgkin's lymphoma on April 8, 2010, following her freshman season with the Bison.

"We have witnessed firsthand Hannah's fight to beat it the first time and see this setback as nothing different in her approach to win the battle with cancer this time," said DeHoff. "We ask that you keep her in your thoughts and prayers and respect Hannah's privacy at this time."

Linz (Watkins, Minn.) played in 100 games for the Bison since the start of the 2009-10 season, averaging 6.5 points per game. She was the only NDSU player to start all 31 games last season, finishing the year ranked 12th nationally in three-point accuracy at 39.9 percent. Linz is No. 2 all-time at NDSU in three-pointers made with 156 in her career. She is a three-time selection to the Summit League All-Academic Team.

Linz plans to complete her education at NDSU and graduate with a degree in nursing.
    Keep fighting the good fight Hannah. I have been critical of the women's basketball program lately but Hannah should be an inspiration for many people.

Once a Bison, always a Bison!!

Wondered if something was up the last few games she seems to have had her minutes quite limited... hope she can lick it yet again! Is a reoccurance a bad sign that she'll continue to have to fight this?

Hope she ends up ok.
    Stu Whitney@stuwhitney4mSurprised Harvard missed out. MT @AllHailTank: Well I guess I got watt I wonted I will take my talents and higher my education at UND.
    LAKESBISON 3/4/2006-4/15/2011 Forever in our hearts

Former representative of 3rd Floor Johnson
    Current representative of 12 St. N Fargo

Thoughts and prayers go out to Hannah and her family, terrible news.

Quote Originally Posted by 1998braves64 View Post
    Wondered if something was up the last few games she seems to have had her minutes quite limited... hope she can lick it yet again! Is a reoccurance a bad sign that she'll continue to have to fight this?
    It's a very treatable type of cancer. That's the good news. A relapse within a year of treatment is a bad sign but still treatable. I only know this because of family that went through it.

Lots of love and prayers being sent Hannah's way. I admire and respect her attitude and the fight she has in her. Best of luck Hannah!

God bless her... She's a wonderful young woman...

I saw her at the game last night and she did not appear at all discouraged. If anyone can lick this Hannah can. She's been there! Done that!
    My thoughts and prayers are with Hannah, her family, and friends!

She is an inspiration!
    2011-2012, 2012-2013, 2013-2014, 2014-2015, 2015-2016, 2017-2018, 2018-2019 National FCS Champions.

Eight is Great!!

Keep your eyes open for the "Hoops for Hannah" baskets around Fargo!
    NDSU is requesting donations for the very awesome WBB senior Hannah Linz
    who will begin treatment soon for the re-occurrence of Hodgkin's Lymphoma.
    This will be her second time fighting cancer. Help support "Hoops for Hannah!"