Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Setting the DVR

Default Setting the DVR

I am setting the DVR for the game on Saturday. I noticed there is a basketball game beforehand. If that game goes into overtime, would they switch to the football game or move the basketball game to a different channel. During the gopher game bowl last friday night the game before it was running long so they started the gopher game on ESPN news I think...then switched back to the correct channel when the previous game finished.

Setting the DVR may prove to be a challenge. Looking at the Schedule, ESPN news is the only ESPN channel at the time that has not live games on and is running sportscenter every hour. So I recorded that as well.

Anyone know if they plan on re-airing the game later on?
    I don't care how the vote ended up. They still suck and always will.

Official Unofficial President of the Bisonville Zach Vraa Fan Club.
    http://www.bisonville.com/forum/show...zach+vraa+club

Default Re: Setting the DVR

ESPN3. (not quite purple font)
    OFFICIAL BISONVILLE SPONSOR OF:
    Tatanka™ brand humor. Gary Bettman's incompetence. The process of recommending a task force to recommend a process to be suggested to another task force, and of meetings called to discuss future meetings. The 21.3% of teh university students that, unlike Tatanka, are online-only, and the 15+% that never step foot in North Dakota. And hating Detroit...
    Proud member of TOHBTC and NDSU Team Makers.

Quote Originally Posted by BisonTeacher View Post
    I am setting the DVR for the game on Saturday. I noticed there is a basketball game beforehand. If that game goes into overtime, would they switch to the football game or move the basketball game to a different channel. During the gopher game bowl last friday night the game before it was running long so they started the gopher game on ESPN news I think...then switched back to the correct channel when the previous game finished.

Setting the DVR may prove to be a challenge. Looking at the Schedule, ESPN news is the only ESPN channel at the time that has not live games on and is running sportscenter every hour. So I recorded that as well.

No way the basketball game gets cut off.....just saying
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant

BISONBRI53 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

How about the WDAY thing on Friday night? On the schedule it says 20/20 is on from 9-10.
    BISONBRI53 [/FONT]

Jay is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by BISONBRI53 View Post
    How about the WDAY thing on Friday night? On the schedule it says 20/20 is on from 9-10.
    Mine has 'Fargo to Frisco'. I'm setting my alarm right now for Saturday... Friday is going to be a gong show.

I did a "Smart Search" on DirecTv; you most likely did that too -- I see no replay on the schedule.

I'd hope they'd switch or interrupt the basketball game, but it doesn't help that it's two eastern teams (Pitt/Rutgers). Deny the "East Coast bias" if you want, but if anyone had ESPN GamePlan and saw all the shitty eastern teams they had on last year...
    Here's to alcohol, the cause of—and solution to—all life's problems. (Homer Simpson)

Quote Originally Posted by bri-dog View Post
    I did a "Smart Search" on DirecTv; you most likely did that too -- I see no replay on the schedule.

I'd hope they'd switch or interrupt the basketball game, but it doesn't help that it's two eastern teams (Pitt/Rutgers). Deny the "East Coast bias" if you want, but if anyone had ESPN GamePlan and saw all the shitty eastern teams they had on last year...
    I don't remember them ever switching a game in progress to another channel. They typically start the new game on another channel and switch it over when the previous game ends.

Herd is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Typically, the Football game would get dropped over the ESPNU until the BB game was complete on ESPN2. Thus was the case today with MN vs. MI State basketball. You could record ESPNU at 12:00 for an hour if you want to make sure you get the start of the game.

Edit: Duke v. Wake Forest is on ESPNU 208, so it likely would be on ESPNnews, or 207 on Directv, then swithced to 209 ESPN2.

I am setting the DVR for the game on Saturday. I noticed there is a basketball game beforehand.

Don't forget about the liklihood of our game getting bumped by the Alabama State Demolition Derby Quarter-final.

Scheduling conflict with Immaculate Conception Jr. High week long basketweaving championship replay marathon.

Quote Originally Posted by Herd View Post
    Typically, the Football game would get dropped over the ESPNU until the BB game was complete on ESPN2. Thus was the case today with MN vs. MI State basketball. You could record ESPNU at 12:00 for an hour if you want to make sure you get the start of the game.

Edit: Duke v. Wake Forest is on ESPNU 208, so it likely would be on ESPNnews, or 207 on Directv, then swithced to 209 ESPN2.
    Isnt there is another basketball or football game on espnU at that time I thought I looked? The only station that didnt have a live game on was ESPN news.

Edit..I rechecked it...ESPN U has a live game on as well. If they switch it...My guess is it will be to ESPN News.
    Last edited by BisonTeacher; 12-31-2012 at 11:57 PM.
    I don't care how the vote ended up. They still suck and always will.

Official Unofficial President of the Bisonville Zach Vraa Fan Club.
    http://www.bisonville.com/forum/show...zach+vraa+club