Thread: IE 10 Issue

Default IE 10 Issue

I just updated my PC to Windows 8 and have been trying out IE 10 along with that.

One issue I did encounter is that I could not use the "enter" key to create a line break when typing in the message editor on some forums.

If anyone else is having this issue here or on any other forums, for that particular forum (well, this is how it works for here and other vBulletin boards):

Click "Settings" in the upper right corner of the page

Click "General Settings" on the left side of the page under My Settings/My Account

Scroll all the way to the bottom under "Miscellaneous Options" and make sure "Standard Editor - Extra formatting controls" is selected and NOT "Enhanced Interface - Full WYSIWYG Editing", which will cause you to not be able to create a line break with the enter key.

Hope that might help somebody until the internet catches up to IE10.

Edit- There might be something that Tony can change later with the board as far as making it "more optimized" with IE9 on up, but this workaround works for now.
    Team Cinzano Tested. Team Cinzano Approved

Default Re: IE 10 Issue

Are you using metro IE10 or desktop? What do you think?
    check neg rep

Warning: It is the offseason. Trollolol may or may not be in full swing. Take a deep breath and eat a trolli burger before reading my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
    I'm tired of seeing the old Belushi clip from Animal House..."over? it's not over..." in the waning seconds of another loss to NDSU.

Quote Originally Posted by EndZoneQB View Post
    Are you using metro IE10 or desktop? What do you think?
    Both right now. Mainly metro, but I was using desktop for trying to figure this issue out and for a couple flash based games for whatever reason that have to run in compatibility mode. I prefer metro, as it's fullscreen until you want to bring up the url bar, tabs, etc. and maintains the "feel" of W8. I really need to polish up on my keyboard shortcuts, but fortunately, there's an app for that. It's kind of odd not having a file>print option in apps like IE, but Ctrl-P does the same thing.

I also installed a Samsung SSD to replace my Velociraptor that was running Vista (64 bit), and am really glad that I spent $200 for W8 and the SSD. And that's coming from somebody who actually LIKED Vista. I never really had any problems with it, but W8 makes it really nice to open up apps and shortcuts via the Start page, and the search function is something I'm using more and more, much like the start button functionality of previous versions. My system definitely has more zip to it, but I'm guessing it's a combination of both the OS and SSD.

If I had a W8 tablet or phone, I wouldn't hesitate to spend the $50-70 to upgrade to W8 and have a consistent workspace on multiple devices. I had tried out W8 on other people's PC's and laptops, but it really started to click once it was on my own machine and I began to establish my own workflow. As long as you have most everything you need on your start page, pretty much anything you need is only a touch of the Windows key and a mouse click away from whatever you're doing. If you get some of the keyboard shortcuts down, I'd say the shell works as well or maybe even better on a PC than a touchscreen.

So, yeah, so far I'm happy with W8. I'm about 90% positive that I'll be picking up a Nokia 920 in March unless there's something even more awesome on the near horizon. That and Android is pissing me off with their "we gotta get a new OS to market every 10 months or less" mentality. It appears that WP8 is looking at about a 3 year lifespan, and I'm beginning to really appreciate things that aren't so disposable.

I gave up on ie along time ago. Way too much instability. I use Firefox.
    I don't care how the vote ended up. They still suck and always will.

Official Unofficial President of the Bisonville Zach Vraa Fan Club.
    http://www.bisonville.com/forum/show...zach+vraa+club

Quote Originally Posted by BisonTeacher View Post
    Fire fox. Save internet.

IE10>Firefox. And it's not close.
    check neg rep

Warning: It is the offseason. Trollolol may or may not be in full swing. Take a deep breath and eat a trolli burger before reading my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
    I'm tired of seeing the old Belushi clip from Animal House..."over? it's not over..." in the waning seconds of another loss to NDSU.

I dont give a crap whos better...i just want something that works. Twss!

I have windows 7 and ie kept crashing for no reason. Ive never had issues with firefox. Ie may be > as you put it...but for what i use it for...never noticed a difference other than the browser actually working.
    I don't care how the vote ended up. They still suck and always will.

Official Unofficial President of the Bisonville Zach Vraa Fan Club.
    http://www.bisonville.com/forum/show...zach+vraa+club

I dont give a crap whos better...i just want something that works. Twss!

I have windows 7 and ie kept crashing for no reason. Ive never had issues with firefox. Ie may be > as you put it...but for what i use it for...never noticed a difference other than the browser actually working.
    I used FF on my Vista and W7 machines, but after FF3.6 was slower than molasses, had random crashes, and 4.0 turned all my add-ons into worthless jibberish that nobody wanted to update, I began to use Chrome. The problems I've had with Chrome were some pages not displaying correctly and the Flash plug-in crashing, so I'd end up using IE for those times.

Now I'm just using IE and prefer it, especially in Metro.

OFFICIAL BISONVILLE SPONSOR OF:
    Tatanka™ brand humor. Gary Bettman's incompetence. The process of recommending a task force to recommend a process to be suggested to another task force, and of meetings called to discuss future meetings. The 21.3% of teh university students that, unlike Tatanka, are online-only, and the 15+% that never step foot in North Dakota. And hating Detroit...
    Proud member of TOHBTC and NDSU Team Makers.