Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Next year Bison opponents

Default Re: Next year Bison opponents

Quote Originally Posted by heffray View Post
    Can we please start another thread about the fullback hand-off, or lackthereof, in the Bison O-ffense? Because that would be just awesome...
    Just stating a fact.

If you wore the uniform...you're a champion.

Quote Originally Posted by 1bizon1 View Post
    260 lb running back?! I have been saying that "we" need another Tyler Roehl type back. This type of player is RARE! but.... at times this year it would have been a VERY good asset.
    Look how well it worked for Wofford... BRING IT!!!
    Unofficial Official President and Charter Member of the Paul Miller "Miller Time" Fan Club

If you leave tailgating hungry and thirsty, you're doing it wrong

I am so sick of the Bison already. Win this, win that, blah, blah, blah. I'd really, really like to know how they do it. I swear they have to be the luckiest sob's on the planet. Just sick of this bs, just fed up.

I think Bell might have made that decision after the Ndsu game. That was one of the worse beat downs on a single player I have seen in a long while. He touched the ball nearly 30 times that game and was gang mauled on every carry. At least in the NFL, gang tackling is a little less common. Most defenders are good enough to take a Bell down one on one.

I have had the opinion that while guys get pounded on Sundays, it is more a one on one pounding. On Saturdays, Bell is good enough to require multiple hits to bring down and on that lone Saturday in October, he was getting destroyed on every carry from multiple angles. If it wasn't for an ISU win, I would almost felt bad for him.

Lastly, I am not saying he is going to even make a nfl roster, but his game might be better suited for the pro level. His options are to possibly get paid to contribute within a system or to carry the rock 350 times next year being one hit away from zero chance to play on Sundays.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by heffray View Post
    Can we please start another thread about the fullback hand-off, or lackthereof, in the Bison O-ffense? Because that would be just awesome...
    how about we start a thread just for you....so you can talk about exactly what you want. Everyone promises to pat you on the back, give you a hug and tell you your ideas are the only one the matters. After all....isn't that what a forum is all about?

Quote Originally Posted by td577 View Post
    I think Bell might have made that decision after the Ndsu game. That was one of the worse beat downs on a single player I have seen in a long while. He touched the ball nearly 30 times that game and was gang mauled on every carry. At least in the NFL, gang tackling is a little less common. Most defenders are good enough to take a Bell down one on one.

I have had the opinion that while guys get pounded on Sundays, it is more a one on one pounding. On Saturdays, Bell is good enough to require multiple hits to bring down and on that lone Saturday in October, he was getting destroyed on every carry from multiple angles. If it wasn't for an ISU win, I would almost felt bad for him.

Lastly, I am not saying he is going to even make a nfl roster, but his game might be better suited for the pro level. His options are to possibly get paid to contribute within a system or to carry the rock 350 times next year being one hit away from zero chance to play on Sundays.

The kid got the crap beat out of him week after week. The coaching change may be the best thing to ever happen to him. I lost a ton of respect for the ISU coaching staff after watching how they treated him the last few years. I don't know if Bell can handle the next level but at least they will take concussions seriously. He couldn't walk a straight line and staggered like a drunk back to the sideline and his coaches knew it and sent him back out there.

I think he's "only" 240 lbs. There are some links to youtube highlights at http://www.anygivensaturday.com/show...-football-fans. I think he's the biggest player on the field in most of those highlights.

Quote Originally Posted by Bison"FANatic" View Post
    While we still have football to play and things to take care of this year. The rest of the MVFC is focusing on next year and a couple interesting things going on.

There is talk on the ISU Blue board that Shakir Bell will may declare for the draft

ISU Red picked up a 260 lb Juco Running back. If the kid has talent, that is a load to bring down.
    It's OK to not be OK.

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerhead View Post
    I think he's "only" 240 lbs. There are some links to youtube highlights at http://www.anygivensaturday.com/show...-football-fans. I think he's the biggest player on the field in most of those highlights.
    He looks super slow...Eh.
    Former NDSU intramural athlete.

IndyBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Bison"FANatic" View Post
    The kid got the crap beat out of him week after week. The coaching change may be the best thing to ever happen to him. I lost a ton of respect for the ISU coaching staff after watching how they treated him the last few years. I don't know if Bell can handle the next level but at least they will take concussions seriously. He couldn't walk a straight line and staggered like a drunk back to the sideline and his coaches knew it and sent him back out there.
    I saw him get helped off the field several times in the HS state championship thinking he was done only to come back and play more. He helped will his team into an incredible overtime win. He's a tough runner for a small guy. That probably isn't good for his long-term career but I think it's the way he plays. Not sure what his NFL prospects are but he's been considered too small but succeeded where he's been so far so I wouldn't count him out.

Quote Originally Posted by td577 View Post

bell did pretty well in the 2nd half against us. he broke many tackles and moved the chains to help shakir their win

Quote Originally Posted by bisonhp330 View Post
    how about we start a thread just for you....so you can talk about exactly what you want. Everyone promises to pat you on the back, give you a hug and tell you your ideas are the only one the matters. After all....isn't that what a forum is all about?

I can't get over how incredibly ironic your post is. Thanks, dude.
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery