Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 1,000 Yard Rusher Streak

Default Re: 1,000 Yard Rusher Streak

Quote Originally Posted by stevdock View Post
    What type of defense do they play again?? Also have they played against any big time backs and how did that RB do against them?
    Probably most impressive to me is they didn't allow a 100yd rusher vs Cal Poly. Deonte Williams is #10 rusher in FCS at 125ypg; Sam held him to 59yds on 13 carries. Pretty good overall vs an option offense, and a program the Bison have battled with in the past (otherwise I wouldn't give them much credit vs bsc competition).

Sam also held Johnny Football just under his ypg passing avg (avg 285/267 vs sam) and just over his rush avg (98ypg avg/100yds vs sam). A very solid job vs the heisman winner IMHO.

They are a good defense. Points were at a premium last year, and they probably will be again.

That is impressive, very balanced!

What type of defense do they play again?? Also have they played against any big time backs and how did that RB do against them?
    They play a TON of man coverage on receivers leaving the linebackers and safeties to help in run support. I would plan on seeing a lot of this, daring us to beat them with the pass. As shown by EWU, you can make passes if you allow your receivers to make plays. Their corners are very solid however. I'm hoping we spread them out and that the Rams, TE's and FB's can get it done in the trenches. Brock's ability to run should be a HUGE key to this game.
    Unofficial Official President and Charter Member of the Paul Miller "Miller Time" Fan Club

If you leave tailgating hungry and thirsty, you're doing it wrong

I am so sick of the Bison already. Win this, win that, blah, blah, blah. I'd really, really like to know how they do it. I swear they have to be the luckiest sob's on the planet. Just sick of this bs, just fed up.

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU '96 View Post
    Probably most impressive to me is they didn't allow a 100yd rusher vs Cal Poly. Deonte Williams is #10 rusher in FCS at 125ypg; Sam held him to 59yds on 13 carries. Pretty good overall vs an option offense, and a program the Bison have battled with in the past (otherwise I wouldn't give them much credit vs bsc competition).

Sam also held Johnny Football just under his ypg passing avg (avg 285/267 vs sam) and just over his rush avg (98ypg avg/100yds vs sam). A very solid job vs the heisman winner IMHO.

They are a good defense. Points were at a premium last year, and they probably will be again.
    That is very impressive. Why are we just hearing about their defense now? Is it because ours is so good, or did it have something to do with the second half against EWU?
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery

stevdock is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Thats right I have seen SHSU play this season. Looked great on defense the first half but alot of that was due to constant pressure on the QB. Once the pressure was picked up, EWU shredded their defense. When the Rams pick up the blitzer I expect Brock to make the plays. I was not impressed with their corners at all and could see Smith and Vraa having big games running free in their secondary. Neither one of those two are the complete package like EWU's #1 WR but both have the same receiving potential.

Thats right I have seen SHSU play this season. Looked great on defense the first half but alot of that was due to constant pressure on the QB. Once the pressure was picked up, EWU shredded their defense. When the Rams pick up the blitzer I expect Brock to make the plays. I was not impressed with their corners at all and could see Smith and Vraa having big games running free in their secondary. Neither one of those two are the complete package like EWU's #1 WR but both have the same receiving potential.
    Both guys average under 50yds/game receiving. I mean this with no purple font-what do we consider them "having big games running free in their secondary"?

Their defense scares me. We're going to have to make them pay for all the man coverage or it's going to be tough to run the ball.
    Get your BB tickets now!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Gully View Post
    Their defense scares me. We're going to have to make them pay for all the man coverage or it's going to be tough to run the ball.
    Agreed! Other than the Veldman pass and the DJ screen, can anyone remember a pass play that went for any significant amount of yards? If the passing game doesn't get going, we're going to have to rely on the D again to score.
    Unofficial Official President and Charter Member of the Paul Miller "Miller Time" Fan Club

If you leave tailgating hungry and thirsty, you're doing it wrong

I am so sick of the Bison already. Win this, win that, blah, blah, blah. I'd really, really like to know how they do it. I swear they have to be the luckiest sob's on the planet. Just sick of this bs, just fed up.

I think Ryan Smith had one pretty nice gain on one of the first two drives but you're right, there wasn't much outside of 3-4 plays
    Get your BB tickets now!!!

Quote Originally Posted by heffray View Post
    That is very impressive. Why are we just hearing about their defense now? Is it because ours is so good, or did it have something to do with the second half against EWU?
    shsu has been over looked pretty much this whole season due to their early season loss to CArk and two more losses. people assumed they werent better or as good as last season even though their other two losses were to baylor and A&M