Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: UND medical school expansion

perthbison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: UND medical school expansion

Und announced not long ago a many million dollar gift from an oilcompany guy named Hamm, at least I think that was his name. Why not use that money to help this project and tie some scholarsip help to, say another 10 spots per year, with the requirement of 4 years practicing in ND? Anyone remember the size of that gift and if there were certain requirements of it?

Another piece to this whole thing about NDSU and how they used private dollars to expand Sudro is many don't realize the connection of NDSU to Walgreen's which certainly helped. Their last CEO, David Bernauer, is an NDSU alumni and even a friend of my dad's. He still serves a chair of the board of directors. Here is the wiki link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Bernauer

My dad hadn't seen him for many years and they sat with him at a get together that was put together for the NDSU/Gopher game in 2006. He said it was fun catching up.

The point? You might as well take the money if it is on the table!

Is it bad that I hope that continued success in Division I athletics will get NDSU some cool stuff?
    Stu Whitney@stuwhitney4mSurprised Harvard missed out. MT @AllHailTank: Well I guess I got watt I wonted I will take my talents and higher my education at UND.
    LAKESBISON 3/4/2006-4/15/2011 Forever in our hearts

Former representative of 3rd Floor Johnson
    Current representative of 12 St. N Fargo

Quote Originally Posted by 344Johnson View Post
    Is it bad that I hope that continued success in Division I athletics will get NDSU some cool stuff?
    Let's just hope it gets the SHAC done...
    Unofficial Official President and Charter Member of the Paul Miller "Miller Time" Fan Club

If you leave tailgating hungry and thirsty, you're doing it wrong

I am so sick of the Bison already. Win this, win that, blah, blah, blah. I'd really, really like to know how they do it. I swear they have to be the luckiest sob's on the planet. Just sick of this bs, just fed up.

Answer Guy is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by perthbison View Post
    Und announced not long ago a many million dollar gift from an oilcompany guy named Hamm, at least I think that was his name. Why not use that money to help this project and tie some scholarsip help to, say another 10 spots per year, with the requirement of 4 years practicing in ND? Anyone remember the size of that gift and if there were certain requirements of it?
    That gift was to improve/enlarge geology and petroleum engineering type programs. I think it was $14 million with some money from the state.
    Teh Interwebs – a place you can say stuff.

abc123 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Answer Guy View Post
    That gift was to improve/enlarge geology and petroleum engineering type programs. I think it was $14 million with some money from the state.
    $10MM from Hamm and $4MM from the Industrial Commission Oil and Gas Program, a joint program founded by the state of North Dakota and the energy and gas industry. I believe the state's part of funding comes from the extraction tax. For those curious, press release here.

[QUOTE=Answer Guy;699506]That gift was to improve/enlarge geology and petroleum engineering type programs. I think it was $14 million with some money from the state.[/QUOT]I I didn't remember the size and conditions of the gift, I guess I was thinking it was a lot larger than that but I was wrong. Thanks for the info.

I've always said that NDSU needs a dental school. North Dakota doesn't have a single dental school.
    "Jfufhr dhuis msdjdi asdj."
    - Lou Holtz

Quote Originally Posted by TheBisonator View Post
    I've always said that NDSU needs a dental school. North Dakota doesn't have a single dental school.
    You know what I learned the other day? Harvard has a dental school. Weird.
    check neg rep

Warning: It is the offseason. Trollolol may or may not be in full swing. Take a deep breath and eat a trolli burger before reading my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
    I'm tired of seeing the old Belushi clip from Animal House..."over? it's not over..." in the waning seconds of another loss to NDSU.

Quote Originally Posted by Tatanka View Post
    Our good buddy Skarphol is mysteriously quiet as well.
    That is highly unusual given his hatred of spending money outside of his area. What kind of deal is he getting from this? hmm.......