Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 12202122

Thread: Jackrabbits Up NEXT

Default Re: Jackrabbits Up NEXT

Quote Originally Posted by silkamilkamonico View Post
    I'm not sure who said this, but this is just basketball stupid. NDSU is 39th in D1 in FG % at .469. You don't "hope" to a 46.9% 14 games into the season. You either have not been following along with the team this season, or aren't understanding what it is NDSU is trying to do. Whatever they are trying to do, it's one of the more efficient offenses in D1 statistically.
    Well, we will see what the end result is come March. Maybe I am way off base. But I feel like I know the game fairly well, and that is the one thing that I see as a weakness. Our shooting percentage is good, outstanding actually. To me something just seems off and I'm afraid it will come to haunt us when tourney time rolls around. Obviously you guys are fine with it and you are entitled. But I'm not convinced that this offensive scheme is going to pay off in he long run. I hope I am wrong.

No concern with the offense. It's been highly efficient all year. NDSU is also a defensive oriented team, and a very good one, I am not sure we can ask more from the offensive end when all of our focus is on the defensive side of the ball. Our defense is good enough to keep us in every game, and our offense has put us in position to have what looks to be an outstanding team.

I haven't been able to find this game archived on gobison.com. What gives?
    Get your BB tickets now!!!

Quote Originally Posted by AjaxTheMighty View Post
    Well, we will see what the end result is come March. Maybe I am way off base. But I feel like I know the game fairly well, and that is the one thing that I see as a weakness. Our shooting percentage is good, outstanding actually. To me something just seems off and I'm afraid it will come to haunt us when tourney time rolls around. Obviously you guys are fine with it and you are entitled. But I'm not convinced that this offensive scheme is going to pay off in he long run. I hope I am wrong.
    I agree, just in the South Dakota game in general, we won but the Jacks seemed to have easier shots than we did. If Felt misss a couple of tough threes or Braun misses a couple of end of the shot clock leaners we could have been in trouble.

That said, if we just hit our free throws we wouldn't even need to discuss it.

The big improvement I would like to see in the next few games is freeing up guys for shots off of screens. Felt has such a quick release we only need to give him a half second. I know he will have one of the best defenders on him but I think we could do a better job freeing him up for a shot.

Just something I think we could work on to get ready for tough league play. Make sure we can free up guys for shots when the time is right. LA put this team on his back at the end of the game with his drives, nothing wrong with that, but lets make sure we can free up our guys for easier shots. End of a game who knows who is in foul trouble and who is on the floor that needs to take the shot.

BTW, when someone just suggests something that they would like to see the team do better it doesn't mean that the whole forum needs to come crashing down on him. This team's offence won't win them games against good teams. We all know that. That is why the defensive improvements we are seeing this year are so important.

The better percentages can be attributed to riding the post game a little more and that is a much needed improvement this year. Freeing up guys for easier shots would be another. It takes time to make improvements but to look at our offense and say "Yep perfect, shouldn't be touched! We're great" is a little too much Kool-aid for some of us to drink. I think the players and coaches watching tape see where improvements can be made and for us to talk about some obvious things that we don't do well isn't a slap in the face to anyone on this site.

Quote Originally Posted by Gully View Post
    I haven't been able to find this game archived on gobison.com. What gives?
    I know, was hoping to rewatch the SDSU game but never came up. The all access is definately an area that needs improvement. Not always reliable and looks terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by Burnt_Secondary View Post
    BTW, when someone just suggests something that they would like to see the team do better it doesn't mean that the whole forum needs to come crashing down on him. This team's offence won't win them games against good teams. We all know that. That is why the defensive improvements we are seeing this year are so important.

The better percentages can be attributed to riding the post game a little more and that is a much needed improvement this year. Freeing up guys for easier shots would be another. It takes time to make improvements but to look at our offense and say "Yep perfect, shouldn't be touched! We're great" is a little too much Kool-aid for some of us to drink. I think the players and coaches watching tape see where improvements can be made and for us to talk about some obvious things that we don't do well isn't a slap in the face to anyone on this site.
    This teams offense just won them a game against probably the best team theyll face the rest of the way. If not, then the defense is good enough to win every game.

People can have concerns its all good. I guess im just not sure why people are concerned with the offense when we are defensive oriented, and always has been under saul.

Much like he football team, his team is built to play defensive basketball, and has some great elements on offense.

I think for myself, Ill be concerned when our defense starts letting other teams consistently shoot better than 42%.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by BisonBohl View Post
    The all access is definately an area that needs improvement.
    Understatement of the year.
    I don't care how the vote ended up. They still suck and always will.

Official Unofficial President of the Bisonville Zach Vraa Fan Club.
    http://www.bisonville.com/forum/show...zach+vraa+club

[QUOTE=AjaxTheMighty;701224][QUOTE=Mr. Burgundy;701108]

If you had two play books in front of you as the coach and one had the motion offense emphasizing setting screens to get shooters open (Coach K philosophy) and the other was a sort of halvsie motion where screening wasn't emphasized but used hope to shoot 54% to win, which would you choose? Don't you agree a little that our offensive scheme is somewhat unorganized. I mean come on. Not even a little?

Quote Originally Posted by BisonBohl View Post

Condescension is annoying. Maybe someday I can be as condescending as you and "get it". I don't mind debating with people like I am doing with Burgandy, but don't act like you are the all powerful oz. I'm not saying the Bison are a bad team here. I'm saying there is room to improve and in my view it is in the offensive scheme.

He's shooting 25.6% from beyond the arc.
    Fair enough, came of very rude and I apologize for that. We definitely share different views of this team and that is totally fine. Lets hope the team keeps playing hard and together, they are really fun to watch!

Quote Originally Posted by silkamilkamonico View Post
    This teams offense just won them a game against probably the best team theyll face the rest of the way. If not, then the defense is good enough to win every game.

People can have concerns its all good. I guess im just not sure why people are concerned with the offense when we are defensive oriented, and always has been under saul.

Much like he football team, his team is built to play defensive basketball, and has some great elements on offense.

I think for myself, Ill be concerned when our defense starts letting other teams consistently shoot better than 42%.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk 2
    I know. I do get that our offense is doing well this year. I would just like to see more screens. That's all. In the few games I have seen live, the screens, when they do them, are weak, easily fought through. There was one really good screen where felt came out and drilled a three and other than that he didn't have too many really open looks against SDSU. I hate Duke, but I think Coach K is the best there is and he stresses lots of good screens in his motion offense. That is why they use 3 guards a lot. Lots of guys coming off screens wide open. Again I hate Duke, but with our team it would be a good system to emulate. On the other hand, the chaos of this system might be hard to plan for.