- Lou Holtz

Default Re: Jackrabbits Up NEXT

Quote Originally Posted by TheBisonator View Post
    Latest RPI rankings:

Real Time RPI - 62
    Pomeroy - 55
    Sagarin - 55
    CBS Sports RPI - 42
    Sdsu beating nm helped and then whoever it was that nm beat that was #8 ranked

Quote Originally Posted by TheBisonator View Post
    Latest RPI rankings:

Real Time RPI - 62
    Pomeroy - 55
    Sagarin - 55
    CBS Sports RPI - 42
    Will probably go down regardless of results in conference play, but that is very nice to see.

Summit has a good thing going with 2-3 teams every year, and Denver will help next year. If only we could keep oral roberts.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by 1998braves64 View Post
    Sdsu beating nm helped and then whoever it was that nm beat that was #8 ranked
    Cincinnati.
    check neg rep

Warning: It is the offseason. Trollolol may or may not be in full swing. Take a deep breath and eat a trolli burger before reading my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
    I'm tired of seeing the old Belushi clip from Animal House..."over? it's not over..." in the waning seconds of another loss to NDSU.

Quote Originally Posted by AjaxTheMighty View Post

Negatives (always something to pick on):

Felt could really benefit from some good solid screens done correctly! I wonder what the name of the offense is anyway.
    You are probably right(I know nothing about basketball), but I did notice one really nifty screen where Felt ran between two of our guys and they both kinda filled in the hole he ran through and he got open and cashed a 3 on the west side of the court down kinda by the SDSU fan area.

Quote Originally Posted by unbison View Post
    You should have introduced yourself to my good friend lakes bison
    Saw our boy Lakes. Sitting a few rows back. Stopped to visit with Mr. Ojuri for a bit and a guy behind me....was talking to him about Tecmo Bowl or something along those lines. Seems like a fun guy. I want to get drunk with him.
    Stu Whitney@stuwhitney4mSurprised Harvard missed out. MT @AllHailTank: Well I guess I got watt I wonted I will take my talents and higher my education at UND.
    LAKESBISON 3/4/2006-4/15/2011 Forever in our hearts

Former representative of 3rd Floor Johnson
    Current representative of 12 St. N Fargo

bisonfan08 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Great game, great atmosphere and a great TEAM win. It wasn't always pretty but we got the W and beat a very good team, a few takeaways:
    1. Bjorklund is a beast, once the ball goes to him though the rest of the offense needs to have a plan to get open for him to pass to as there is a very good chance he see double teams the rest of the year.
    2. Wolters is a stud, no doubt but I like our PG LA just as much. It was great to see him step up at the end of the game and go get the W for his team, this team is in good hands for the next few years.
    3. Kory Brown can defend anybody in the league effectively. Wolters had a big game sure, but at least half, if not more of his points came when Brown either got switched away from Wolters or he was on the bench. He's going to have to play smart because Wolters will attack him early next time they play to try to get him in foul trouble.
    4. WTF was with the FT shooting!?!?!? Can't have that and we've been better this season but damn it almost cost us. Braun going 0-3 when fouled on a 3 pointer left me speechless
    5. This was a great effort by the TEAM. Bjorklund dominated early, Tray and Felt hit some big 3's in the first half. Braun came out firing in the 2nd half, then Bjorklund took over again and then LA finished them off. SDSU did a good job adjusting to defend the hot hand but everytime they adjusted, somebody else stepped up. This is why I feel we have a better shot at winning this thing than SDSU, WIU is a team to be watched though, they are in this as well.

The big test now is to see if we can go on the road after a big win and come out and beat a couple lower tier opponents in front of minimal crowds with all the hoopla of the football NC going on on top of it. These are the kinds of games the last couple seasons we have struggled with, we sweep this weekend and I will really start believing this team has turned the corner! Loving the progress so far!

Almost forgot, really awesome seeing pretty much the entire football including Bohl out at the game, watching Bohl wiggle his fingers during free throws was priceless. Nice to see the support from the guys!
    Last edited by bisonfan08; 12-31-2012 at 02:51 PM.

99Bison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by 344Johnson View Post
    Saw our boy Lakes. Sitting a few rows back. Stopped to visit with Mr. Ojuri for a bit and a guy behind me....was talking to him about Tecmo Bowl or something along those lines. Seems like a fun guy. I want to get drunk with him.
    Hey, that was me, u the guy with the crutches or his buddy? There was a MN tecmo tourney earlier in the day you all missed out on.

Scenic views at the BSA Saturday night.....

NDSU-SDSU 2012 008.jpgNDSU-SDSU 2012 019.jpg

Snowgoose is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

[QUOTE=AjaxTheMighty;700824]Lot of positives from that game:

1. This team is very good. And they beat a really really good team!
    2. Bjorkland is the real deal and is hard to stop for anyone.
    3. Our team defense is awesome.
    4. LA is the fastest guy on the court in almost every game and he is a game changer
    5. I saw Saul actually getting on refs a few times with vigor!
    6. Played through adversity when we fell behind by 3 with four minutes to go
    7. We have a legit chance at the dance this year
    8. We have a new three headed monster that is going to be fun to watch
    9. The place was packed and the atmosphere was great
    10. Very few turnovers. Great job. Gotta take care of the ball first! Spectacular last night with none in the 2nd half.

Negatives (always something to pick on):

1. Weirdest offense setup ever. Hardly any screens set and when they set them they aren't very good. Fundamental. You don't see players coming off screens to get open very often. Felt could really benefit from some good solid screens done correctly! I wonder what the name of the offense is anyway.
    2. LA to the hoop more...and more....and some more.
    3. Someone already said it about Trayvon. He has almost no inside presence Anymore. I mean, we know he is skinny, but he spent most of his time at the perimeter. That is nuts with his athleticism. Bye bye fun thunder dunks!

I agree with you on this post and on the offense. This is exactly what I meant in an in game post but I was writing while watching so it probably wasn't worded the best and I got hammered. The offense was very weird as it appeared there was no flow to it at all. It seemed like an city league offense all the way around. This will need to be adjusted as you can't depend on what happened on saturday in every game.

I will say Marshall has fantastic moves and can do that against most bigs in the summitt and we need to continue to exploit that like we did in the first half. Once they shut that down we need to set some goods screens and have some sort of offensive set. Saul has always been a great defensive coach and seems to struggle a little as an offensive coach.
    If it flies it dies.

Long for the days of freezing in the south stands of Dacotah Field.

With the emergence of Bjorkland and his crazy shot percentage, you have to keep Tray out on the perimeter a little more to keep teams from doubling down on Marshall. Now it could get real interesting if Tray can keep just close enough that his guy tries to drop and double and Marshall and Tray get some chemistry and Marshall can feel the double coming and feed the ball to Tray for previous said Thunderous dunks