Page 4 of 22 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Jackrabbits Up NEXT

Default Re: Jackrabbits Up NEXT

Quote Originally Posted by SlickVic View Post
    by far biggest game for that bball program since woody and them...usually them sdsu games all get the bsa packed...either way win or lose within the next month well be able to tell if this teams a contender or pretender
    Slick, I see your grammar has improved dramatically. Hooked on Phonics?
    When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time. -Max McGee

“I really thought you had to run the football to control the game,” Erhardt once said. “You had to throw the football to score but had to run the football to win.” - Ron Erhardt

bisonfan08 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by 344Johnson View Post
    I don't anticipate much excitement about the basketball team until after the football game when the basketball team starts hopefully getting a bit more coverage.

I also expect as soon as they announce they have the money for the SHAC(potentially after the Natty game if we win? A boy can dream) that people ears will start to perk up.
    This is what I mean though, they don't have much to cover on football this week, they have a small article everyday about this or that but no real coverage. They have every opportunity to promote the game Saturday and then switch into high gear with football for national championship week on Monday. I just don't get it.

Some love for Braun and los Bisontes from the ESPN writers on their weekend college basketball watch. Loving how we fit in with the power conference games of the week!

(NDSU v SDSU ~ 3:15)
    http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=878...goryid=2459792

Quote Originally Posted by bisonfan08 View Post
    This is what I mean though, they don't have much to cover on football this week, they have a small article everyday about this or that but no real coverage. They have every opportunity to promote the game Saturday and then switch into high gear with football for national championship week on Monday. I just don't get it.
    It is a national title game involving the state's biggest athletic program, it is going to get constant coverage. The Forum and every news outlet is going to milk it for all its worth and they should because it doesn't happen every year. It also doesn't help that the Summit decided to play this game right in the middle of the holidays, it might be the most idiotic scheduling decision I've ever heard of. Students are on break and journalists/reporters are just like us...they want time off to see their families during this time of the year as well.

I'm sure they'll be plenty of coverage on Saturday. That said Dom did have Saul on his radio show yesterday if you are looking for some coverage.
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.

It is also interesting to see that the Jacks fans have got their "swagger" back, they are questioning our schedule, questioning whether or not Taylor Braun is the real deal and think we'll crumble like last year.

Quote Originally Posted by PLUBison View Post
    Some love for Braun and los Bisontes from the ESPN writers on their weekend college basketball watch. Loving how we fit in with the power conference games of the week!

(NDSU v SDSU ~ 3:15)
    http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=878...goryid=2459792
    That's because our boy Saul is friends with Andy Katz. I've seen the text!!
    check neg rep

Warning: It is the offseason. Trollolol may or may not be in full swing. Take a deep breath and eat a trolli burger before reading my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
    I'm tired of seeing the old Belushi clip from Animal House..."over? it's not over..." in the waning seconds of another loss to NDSU.

Quote Originally Posted by EndZoneQB View Post
    That's because our boy Saul is friends with Andy Katz. I've seen the text!!

I have heard that Saul actually purchased a cell phone under the name "Andy Katz", and then sends text messages to himself, and shows it off to girls at frat parties.

No one gives a rats ass about NDSU basketball outside of Fargo. The game received ESPN coverage because Myron Medcalf just wrote an article about SDSU and Nate Wolters, and the bus trip from Nashville to New Mexico. Medcalf and Katz both like to hype up Wolters.

Will Saul even be coaching next week, or is he heading to Frisco to party it up with Bizon Nation?

Quote Originally Posted by 2002jack View Post
    I have heard that Saul actually purchased a cell phone under the name "Andy Katz", and then sends text messages to himself, and shows it off to girls at frat parties.

No one gives a rats ass about NDSU basketball outside of Fargo. The game received ESPN coverage because Myron Medcalf just wrote an article about SDSU and Nate Wolters, and the bus trip from Nashville to New Mexico. Medcalf and Katz both like to hype up Wolters.

Will Saul even be coaching next week, or is he heading to Frisco to party it up with Bizon Nation?

Aww, someone is a little jelly. Good point, they aren't friends, NDSU was just on Midnight Madness because everyone wanted to see them!

No one gives a rats ass about SDSU basketball outside of Brookings. Once you lose Wolters, you'll disappear again.
    check neg rep

Warning: It is the offseason. Trollolol may or may not be in full swing. Take a deep breath and eat a trolli burger before reading my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
    I'm tired of seeing the old Belushi clip from Animal House..."over? it's not over..." in the waning seconds of another loss to NDSU.

Quote Originally Posted by EndZoneQB View Post
    Aww, someone is a little jelly. Good point, they aren't friends, NDSU was just on Midnight Madness because everyone wanted to see them!

No one gives a rats ass about SDSU basketball outside of Brookings. Once you lose Wolters, you'll disappear again.
    As will Wolters, can't believe how many people believe he has a realistic shot to be a legitimate NBA player.

Saul and Katz aren't friends? I guess that would be news to both of those guys.

Andy Katz will be one of the studio hosts for the show. It was a few years ago when Katz, who covered University of Wisconsin basketball, was sitting Phillips’ office watching a Boston Red Sox playoff game. Phillips was an assistant at Wisconsin at the time.

"Andy called me about two weeks ago asking me what we are doing for Midnight Madness," Phillips said. "He thought maybe they should send a crew out to get a different angle from a smaller school. He texts me back a week later ‘looks like we are heading out there.’"
    http://bisonmedia.areavoices.com/200...xposure-again/

Also Myron Medcalf said NDSU was the best team in the Summit a week ago.