Page 1 of 19 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: NDSU rents out baseball stadium for pregame party Friday night...

Default NDSU rents out baseball stadium for pregame party Friday night...

This might already be posted somewhere, but apparently they were concerned that there would be more fans there than the Plano convention center could hold, so NDSU went ahead and rented out a baseball stadium for the Friday night party.

http://www.ndsualumni.com/NetCommuni....aspx?pid=1196

Good work Bisonnation!

reformedUNDfan is online now Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: NDSU rents out baseball stadium for pregame party Friday night...

i don't even understand how that is supposed to work

Quote Originally Posted by reformedUNDfan View Post
    i don't even understand how that is supposed to work
    I'm a little curious also. It says on the link all tickets are g/a and you can sit anywhere in the bowl. Are we actually going to be sitting in the stadium seats for the event, are they having us roam all over the field, how is this going to go down?

It also says tickets will be an extra $5 at the door ($15 vs. $10), and only a limited number will be sold at the door, so if you are planning on attending, I'd order them beforehand.
    Some say it's a backward place. Narrow minds on a narrow way, but I make it a point to say. That that's where I come from.

Quote Originally Posted by BisonAccountant44 View Post
    I'm a little curious also. It says on the link all tickets are g/a and you can sit anywhere in the bowl. Are we actually going to be sitting in the stadium seats for the event, are they having us roam all over the field, how is this going to go down?

It also says tickets will be an extra $5 at the door ($15 vs. $10), and only a limited number will be sold at the door, so if you are planning on attending, I'd order them beforehand.
    I'm guessing the following:
    * It will be a takeover of the ballpark--seating optional. They'll probably set up a stage or something on the field for the band/Pres/cheer team/etc. but the rest of it will be just here you go take over the park. Probably not on the field though.
    * They will only sell as many tickets as they have seats so as not to overload the place--i.e. a limit of 8000...
    * Tickets are being sold as crowd control measure only, as I'm sure the food/drink items they will have for sale will be $5-8/each, and they're giving you two vouchers per ticket for food/drink.

I've been to similar gatherings at other ballparks (e.g. Turner Field in Atlanta) and basically they have the place open to guests, use the concession stands to serve everyone, and let you roam around the place (within reason). Bison Nation will take this place over. There will be TV coverage. Minds will be blown, especially in Sammyville, for whom I'm sure they're setting up a hotel ballroom for 500 or so. Pretty sure that's all that was there last year from SHSU (if not fewer), as NDSU fans absolutely gong showed the Marriott.
    OFFICIAL BISONVILLE SPONSOR OF:
    Tatanka™ brand humor. Gary Bettman's incompetence. The process of recommending a task force to recommend a process to be suggested to another task force, and of meetings called to discuss future meetings. The 21.3% of teh university students that, unlike Tatanka, are online-only, and the 15+% that never step foot in North Dakota. And hating Detroit...
    Proud member of TOHBTC and NDSU Team Makers.

The concourse is huge like at Newman Outdoor Field. Should be a great time! May be the greatest gathering of bison fans other than a game in history. Plenty of restrooms and beer to accomodate everything

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Got my tickets... I wonder if Frisco TRULY knows what's about to hit them?

If I remember right, the ballpark is damn close to the 3rd base bar. Walking distance from my hotel as well
    Rule #76: No excuses, play like a champion!

Very skeptical about this. I want more details before buying tickets.
    Win or Die Trying

I got a room near the other venue, now they go to the opposite side of town where there is no availability. Thanks a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Tatanka View Post
    I'm guessing the following:
    * It will be a takeover of the ballpark--seating optional. They'll probably set up a stage or something on the field for the band/Pres/cheer team/etc. but the rest of it will be just here you go take over the park. Probably not on the field though.
    * They will only sell as many tickets as they have seats so as not to overload the place--i.e. a limit of 8000...
    * Tickets are being sold as crowd control measure only, as I'm sure the food/drink items they will have for sale will be $5-8/each, and they're giving you two vouchers per ticket for food/drink.

I've been to similar gatherings at other ballparks (e.g. Turner Field in Atlanta) and basically they have the place open to guests, use the concession stands to serve everyone, and let you roam around the place (within reason). Bison Nation will take this place over. There will be TV coverage. Minds will be blown, especially in Sammyville, for whom I'm sure they're setting up a hotel ballroom for 500 or so. Pretty sure that's all that was there last year from SHSU (if not fewer), as NDSU fans absolutely gong showed the Marriott.
    So, no sense in bringing our gloves?
    Here's to alcohol, the cause of—and solution to—all life's problems. (Homer Simpson)