Thread: Fargodome vs. Gate City Bank Field

Default Fargodome vs. Gate City Bank Field

According to the NDSU press releases, it appears that our stadium is called Gate City Bank Field at the Fargodome, yet every announcer just calls it the Fargodome while NFL annoucers usually call the Metrodome Mall of America Field (at least when the game is starting.)

I know Gate City Bank Field is a mouthful, but I wonder if they are mad that they lose out on name recognition when people just call it the Fargodome. Do the local reports also just call it the Fargodome?
    It's OK to not be OK.

Default Re: Fargodome vs. Gate City Bank Field

When initially talking about the stadium, most local tv and print will refer to it as the official "Gate City Bank Field at the Fargodome." After that, most refer to it as the Fargodome or just the Dome.
    "North Dakota State is a big part of the fabric of college football right now."
    "North Dakota State is alive on the college football map."
    -Lee Fitting ESPN

Scott Miller always refers to it as the Gate City Bank Field at the Fargodome when he signs on for radio broadcasts (or at least that's always in the montage). They can't be too mad that they don't reference it all the time, they have to realize that's a mouthful to spit out everytime. Since the Gate City Field is only in reference to the playing surface and not the building as a whole I don't think that it needs to constantly be said, now if they bought naming rights to Fargodome... different story. They do get their name put on TV everytime it's shown on TV.

I have heard PA call it the Mall of America Field at/in Metrodome. But then later refer only to metrodome.

Official literature not sure if many other places would need to refer to Gate City Bank Field... since that the sponsorship was only for the field in this case. I know they have the Gate City Bank Theatre, which they sponsored, (for their plays/smaller shows that have the "theatre" setup) have heard that referenced several times in their literature.

Most stories lead with the Gate City Bank Field but, as much I hate having anybody's logo but NDSU's on the turf, I can see why it makes sense in this case because that first mention is usually about it most of the time.

I still maintain that it didn't make a lick of sense to have F A R G O D O M E plastered on the old turf though.

devin45k is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post

I still maintain that it didn't make a lick of sense to have F A R G O D O M E plastered on the old turf though.
    This! It looked dumb
    The fella that watches the CFL