Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: When do we get the gsu history lesson again?

Default Re: When do we get the gsu history lesson again?

Quote Originally Posted by Bison 4 Life View Post
    I may have to try to stay off AGS this week. That one guy is pretty bad.

Nah...you have to keep those clowns in check over there....

You won't hear as much chirping from GSU fans this year simply because of last year. Except for a few...

As far as our current QB goes... the difference between him and Jaybo last season was that Jerrick has the ability to beat you with his legs unlike Jaybo. The NDSU gameplan last season was to force Jaybo to beat you with the keep. That worked to perfection. A few teams have tried that this season without success. So the real question becomes what does NDSU do? I'm positive they will have a gameplan and execute. We just have to be better than that game plan.

As far as our thoughts on your team, we only see 2 things. Your score against Wofford and what your own fans say about your team. Apparently your defense is still extrememly good against the run and not as good against the pass. Although we can throw on a rare occasion, we are a running team. If you're that good against the run, then we're going to have to plan for that. As for your offense, your own fans have said it's not as good as last year. That brings us some comfort because out defense is still strong against the run and much improved against the pass.

Are we good enough to beat you guys in your house this year? That remains to be seen. With the explained differences in the 2 yeams from last year, I like our chances. Wofford is not as explosive or dynamic as our offense. We proved that on the field against them earlier this year. Our biggest problem is stopping ourselves. We didn't do that against ODU. Instead, we made mistakes and still were able to take advantage of them. Early in the season, our mistakes hurt us. We've improved every single week and we're finally healthy (lots of key injuries in the mddle of the year). It should be an excellent game and better than last year. I'm looking forward to playing you guys again.

Now that that is out of the way, can we get past the garbage and have some fun? 6 is still more than 1.

Quote Originally Posted by pike51 View Post
    You won't hear as much chirping from GSU fans this year simply because of last year. Except for a few...

As far as our current QB goes... the difference between him and Jaybo last season was that Jerrick has the ability to beat you with his legs unlike Jaybo. The NDSU gameplan last season was to force Jaybo to beat you with the keep. That worked to perfection. A few teams have tried that this season without success. So the real question becomes what does NDSU do? I'm positive they will have a gameplan and execute. We just have to be better than that game plan.

As far as our thoughts on your team, we only see 2 things. Your score against Wofford and what your own fans say about your team. Apparently your defense is still extrememly good against the run and not as good against the pass. Although we can throw on a rare occasion, we are a running team. If you're that good against the run, then we're going to have to plan for that. As for your offense, your own fans have said it's not as good as last year. That brings us some comfort because out defense is still strong against the run and much improved against the pass.

Are we good enough to beat you guys in your house this year? That remains to be seen. With the explained differences in the 2 yeams from last year, I like our chances. Wofford is not as explosive or dynamic as our offense. We proved that on the field against them earlier this year. Our biggest problem is stopping ourselves. We didn't do that against ODU. Instead, we made mistakes and still were able to take advantage of them. Early in the season, our mistakes hurt us. We've improved every single week and we're finally healthy (lots of key injuries in the mddle of the year). It should be an excellent game and better than last year. I'm looking forward to playing you guys again.

Now that that is out of the way, can we get past the garbage and have some fun? 6 is still more than 1.

Well this and I hear yall have some new carpet. I think yall should be favored, rightly so. But this is probably our last year in FCS so we're coming to WIN and we're not scared of your crowd in that oversized skating rink either.

Wofford was a tougher match-up for the Bison. GSU likes to run to the edge. Our OLBers are fast and will be able to contain it.

Should be a good game.

Bison win again.

Quote Originally Posted by BisoninNWMN View Post
    Wofford was a tougher match-up for the Bison. GSU likes to run to the edge. Our OLBers are fast and will be able to contain it.

Should be a good game.

Bison win again.
    Heh, Ok....

Quote Originally Posted by oldfart View Post
    Well this and I hear yall have some new carpet. I think yall should be favored, rightly so. But this is probably our last year in FCS so we're coming to WIN and we're not scared of your crowd in that oversized skating rink either.
    Nobody says that the crowd is intimidating, you just can't hear a god damn thing when you're on the field. EVERYBODY says that makes a difference.

Quote Originally Posted by BisoninNWMN View Post

Should be a good game.

Bison win again.
    Not trying to argue, but keep thinkning we run on the edge only. Go ask ODU about #6 up the middle. Just sayin'. We run a real triple option. If we get the read, we will go anywhere. Last season, we had a lot more non-read calls.

Quote Originally Posted by pike51 View Post
    Not trying to argue, but keep thinkning we run on the edge only. Go ask ODU about #6 up the middle. Just sayin'. We run a real triple option. If we get the read, we will go anywhere. Last season, we had a lot more non-read calls.
    This is where the rubber meets the road. "Assignment football" basically says stick to your gap/edge and make the play. You could have a double, triple, quadruple, quintuple option for all it matters. The guy who gets the ball is going to be tackled. Be it Grant Olson, Christian Dudzik, Cole Jirik, or Andre Martin. That player is going to make the play.

The option thrives on deception and multiple players swarming to the wrong person. That doesn't happen when everybody has an assignment and everybody trusts each other to make the play.

I watched the Woffy/NDSU game again last night. Two things stuck out to me. The dive should be wide open... especially on the right side of the ball. The weak side linebacker when woffy was running the option had the opportunity to get to the backfield and sack the quarterback. Don't know why you were not sending him every time. I didn't look how you were doing on the cut blocks. Would be interested to see.

Yes, our passing defense isn't as good as the run defense, but we are still #1 in the FCS for both categories.
    It's OK to not be OK.