Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fullback

Default Fullback

Man I hope even run the fullback this !!!!!! Look what happens when we pass to em. Long over due we have great talent at fullback

Default Re: Fullback

I keep waiting for one of our fullbacks to get the quick handoff and go the whole way.

If you wore the uniform...you're a champion.

Quote Originally Posted by CaBisonFan View Post
    I keep waiting for one of our fullbacks to get the quick handoff and go the whole way.
    You must be a patient man.

Notorious--Bisonville all-time POTY
    Proud member of TOHBTC[/B]

Funny but oh so true.

Quote Originally Posted by TransAmBison View Post
    You must be a patient man.

At least with a fullback dive they don't expect it. And Grothman is a good runner. He won't break one for 50 but he's able to get the tough yards. Gives the defense something else to think about

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

devin45k is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

We can convert Ojuri into a fullback for a play and he can run that for 50 yards.

Did you guys notice the deep ball attempt to Bonnet against the Jacks? I think he got caught up in the line but at least it gave them something to think about.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
    When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time. -Max McGee

“I really thought you had to run the football to control the game,” Erhardt once said. “You had to throw the football to score but had to run the football to win.” - Ron Erhardt

Jay is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Fullback is important for our offensive scheme... but there is the reason a lot of teams are going away from it and away from the "traditional" style (drop back qb, fb, tb, 2 wr, te, OL). Fullbacks generally aren't playmakers, therefore the defense only has to scheme against four playmakers on the field (tb, te and the 2 wr). If you get rid of the fullback and add another playmaker (fast guy with some wiggle) onto the field and having a mobile quarterback, the defense now has to scheme against 6 playmakers on the field. Numbers game basically.

Quote Originally Posted by gobisontd View Post
    Fullback is important for our offensive scheme... but there is the reason a lot of teams are going away from it and away from the "traditional" style (drop back qb, fb, tb, 2 wr, te, OL). Fullbacks generally aren't playmakers, therefore the defense only has to scheme against four playmakers on the field (tb, te and the 2 wr). If you get rid of the fullback and add another playmaker (fast guy with some wiggle) onto the field and having a mobile quarterback, the defense now has to scheme against 6 playmakers on the field. Numbers game basically.
    The fullbacks could be play makers if they were utilized in that fashion. But we choose not to use that tool in our tool box.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

They handed the ball to Tyler Roehl in 2006 a total of 8 times and he gained 14 yards. Tyler Roehl. 14 yards. 8 carries. That is all.