Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: Morehead St.

Default Re: Morehead St.

Quote Originally Posted by silkamilkamonico View Post
    The RPI means absolutely nothing at this stage of the year. In fact you can't even get an accurate gauge with RPI numbers until around the start of conference play, or towards the end of January.
    Ok there rpi was 168 last year! This game is a should win not a good win
    TRUST THE PROCESS

Gotta clean up the turnovers. Defense has been solid

Don't know if RPI is meaningless entirely, but it sure gets a lot more meaningful once we're deep into winter. We'll see where we are this weekend.

Kermit is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by unbison View Post
    Ok there rpi was 168 last year! This game is a should win not a good win
    Unbison, I respect your basketball opinions highly, but we both know that it is hard to win college basketball games on the road. Furthermore, Morehead St. is a physical, aggressive team, that presses constantly and plays with frenetic energy--a style that has given the Bison problems. It is probably accurate to say that the Bison should have won that game, but it is definitely a good win in my book.

In my opinion, the Bison's biggest weakness is turnovers and the biggest reason for that they just don't have many ballhandlers. This is where Joel Lindberg is sorely missed. It is also one of the reasons why I think AJ Jacobson is a great recruit.
    "Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are."
    — John Wooden

Quote Originally Posted by Kermit View Post
    Unbison, I respect your basketball opinions highly, but we both know that it is hard to win college basketball games on the road. Furthermore, Morehead St. is a physical, aggressive team, that presses constantly and plays with frenetic energy--a style that has given the Bison problems. It is probably accurate to say that the Bison should have won that game, but it is definitely a good win in my book.

In my opinion, the Bison's biggest weakness is turnovers and the biggest reason for that they just don't have many ballhandlers. This is where Joel Lindberg is sorely missed. It is also one of the reasons why I think AJ Jacobson is a great recruit.
    What's Lindberg's status? Thought he had some illness issues? Hope he's progressing.
    North Dakota State, a football team the big boys of college football should avoid like the plague, helped christen a $90 million renovation to Snyder Family Stadium — including a statue of famed Kansas State coach Bill Snyder himself — by taking a sledgehammer to the place.
    Bob Lutz, The Wichita Eagle, August 30th, 2013

Kermit is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by KSBisonFan View Post
    What's Lindberg's status? Thought he had some illness issues? Hope he's progressing.
    I've heard that he has severe patellar tendinitis in (I think) both knees. He hasn't been responding well to rehab and I have even heard some speculation that surgery may be considered--which would end his season before it began.

Here is some info on surgical treatment for patellar tendinitis:
    http://www.webmd.com/fitness-exercis...initis-surgery
    "Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are."
    — John Wooden

bisonfan08 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

This was a great road win for the Bison, was a little disappointed that I quit watching when we were up about 25 as I had basketball myself last night and then saw the final and we only won by 12, but we got the W and that's what is important. There's no doubt that not having Lindberg is going to affect us against teams like this, hopefully he can make it back, if not Saul is really gonna need to work on some press breakers involving other guys getting the ball up the court. Asking LA to play almost the whole game against a press is asking a lot.

Read that article on patellar tendinitis and the good news is it sounds very treatable, but should surgery need to be the course taken I think a redshirt year should definitely be the option taken. We could use him this season no doubt, but we could use 3 healthy years from him more. My guess is if we can't get him back by time we get into league play after Christmas he probably won't play this season, just going to hope for the best for him.